Sending key stroke from MC. Is it possible

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arjfca

Sending key stroke from MC. Is it possible

Postby arjfca » 23 Mar 2012

Hello

I would like to send Key stroke "CTRL S" to send a command that will save my worspace at a regular interval. It it possible

This morning, my PC froze and I lost all the commentary that I had placed over my charts. Not fun as it was the first time that I had decided to really took the time to indicate my entry and exit :(

Any help appreciated

Martin

TJ

Re: Sending key stroke from MC. Is it possible

Postby TJ » 23 Mar 2012

Hello

I would like to send Key stroke "CTRL S" to send a command that will save my worspace at a regular interval. It it possible

This morning, my PC froze and I lost all the commentary that I had placed over my charts. Not fun as it was the first time that I had decided to really took the time to indicate my entry and exit :(

Any help appreciated

Martin
You can get a 3rd party macro program. Google for free downloads.

arjfca

Hello

Any help appreciated

Martin
You can get a 3rd party macro program. Google for free downloads.
I got AutoHotkey software that I had used in conjunction with Excel to send special hotkey macro
Is it possible to start an EXE application from MC. If this could be done, then the AutoHotkey could be use

Multicharts has already some macro available with the "CTRL S". What I want is to have the code sending the macro command HotKey to actually save my workspace at a regular interval.

Martin

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 23 Mar 2012

Is it possible to start an EXE application from MC. If this could be done, then the AutoHotkey could be use

Multicharts has already some macro available with the "CTRL S". What I want is to have the code sending the macro command HotKey to actually save my workspace at a regular interval.
If you plan on using AutoHotKey, you can also make an .exe with AutoHotKey, and in pseudo code, you could try something like:

Code: Select all

#IfWinActive, MultiCharts
{
while
{
Send, ^s ; ctrl - s
Sleep, 30000 ; 30 seconds
}
}

; Exit the program with Crtl-Esc
^esc:: ExitApp
(PS: I'm a AHK newbie, so don't trust my word for it. ;) )

arjfca

If you plan on using AutoHotKey, you can also make an .exe with AutoHotKey, and in pseudo code, you could try something like:

Code: Select all

#IfWinActive, MultiCharts
{
while
{
Send, ^s ; ctrl - s
Sleep, 30000 ; 30 seconds
}
}

; Exit the program with Crtl-Esc
^esc:: ExitApp
(PS: I'm a AHK newbie, so don't trust my word for it. ;) )
John, a salutation from Montreal

Thanks,

Even If I had coded with AutoHotkey few years ago, I'm still a newbie. I understand that I could compile the code in a .exe file, I had done that before, hence my question was, could I send a command line via Multicharts

Multichart send a command to execute a file to "c:\mycodefile\SaveMyMultichartsWorkSpace.exe"

SaveMyMultiChartsWorkSpace.exe is an autohotkey application compiled in EXE containing a "CTRL S" key stroke to the applicable workspace

Have a good day

Martin

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 23 Mar 2012

hence my question was, could I send a command line via Multicharts

Multichart send a command to execute a file to "c:\mycodefile\SaveMyMultichartsWorkSpace.exe"
Ah I overlooked that question, but I don't know that, sorry Martin :). Would be very great if it could be possible though, given the possibilites it opens.

arjfca

Ah I overlooked that question, but I don't know that, sorry Martin :). Would be very great if it could be possible though, given the possibilites it opens.
John, I did send a mail directly to MC support to inquire about this

- Send a keystroke from MC
- Get control or start an external application (.exe) from MC

If problem resolve, I will post the solution under this one

Have a great and relaxing weekend

Martin

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 23 Mar 2012

John, I did send a mail directly to MC support to inquire about this

- Send a keystroke from MC
- Get control or start an external application (.exe) from MC

If problem resolve, I will post the solution under this one

Have a great and relaxing weekend

Martin
Hello Martin,

Unfortunately there is no prebuilt functionality to send keystrokes from the code or to get access to a command line.
I believe you can achieve your goal with the help of an external Dll.

Return to “MultiCharts”