MC 8 beta2: Serious backtest problem

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Gaempi

MC 8 beta2: Serious backtest problem

Postby Gaempi » 03 Apr 2012

WIN 7 64, 12 cpus, 24 threads:

Using MC 8 (Beta2) i have a serious problem with backtesting strategies:

If i have in a strategy only 3 inputs to backtest, there is no problem. But if i take more than 3 inputs to backtest, then i see the following: In the genetic algorithm properties the value of the poulation size is 0 (zero). But population size must be greater then 0. if i insert a value of 500, then a get an error message: Unknown error with the time stamp.

So i have to backtest for the moment with MC 7, where is no problem with backtesting big strategies with a lot of inputs.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: MC 8 beta2: Serious backtest problem

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Apr 2012

Please provide more details on the subject:
Are you running 32bit or 64bit version of MultiCharts?
Can this problem be reproduced on any prebuilt script? If not-please provide a sample script.
Please attach the workspace you are using.
Also attach a screenshot of Genetic algorithm properties->Algorithm specific properties.

Gaempi

Postby Gaempi » 04 Apr 2012

Hello Henry

I have installed MC 64bit on WIN 7 64bit (Pro) on a workstation with 12 CPUs. I tried to backtest on different charts on different workspaces: No problem to backtest on 3 inputs and an error message ("unknown error") backtesting with 4 inputs and with 0 in polulation size (see pic).

If i backtest with more than 4 inputs, there are no problems !!!
Attachments
Screenshot - 04.04.2012 , 11_20_37.png
(139.89 KiB) Downloaded 975 times

momentum

Postby momentum » 04 Apr 2012

I get that "unknown error" a lot and if I change the number of inputs I am optimising then the error goes away. Not sure if it is an odd or even number of inputs to be optimised needed or even if it is consistent but it happens all the time with many different strategies.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 04 Apr 2012

Hello Henry

I have installed MC 64bit on WIN 7 64bit (Pro) on a workstation with 12 CPUs. I tried to backtest on different charts on different workspaces: No problem to backtest on 3 inputs and an error message ("unknown error") backtesting with 4 inputs and with 0 in polulation size (see pic).

If i backtest with more than 4 inputs, there are no problems !!!
Gaempi, this issue is confirmed. It will be fixed in the next version of MultiCharts.

Return to “MultiCharts”