MULTICHARTS WIKI LAUNCHED

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Dave Masalov

MULTICHARTS WIKI LAUNCHED

Postby Dave Masalov » 28 Feb 2012

Dear Users,

We have launched MultiCharts Wiki, which is now the central place for accumulated knowledge about the MultiCharts platform, contributed to by both our users and us.

All current Help files have been loaded there, and all future information about features will be loaded only there (no more CHM Help file in the installer). Help for PowerLanguage keywords will be maintained in sync in the installer and on the Wiki.

Main Page
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... /Main_Page

Recent Changes
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... entChanges

Just like regular Wikipedia, MCWiki articles will have fact-based content, and users can edit pages. Our staff will look over recent changes, and maintain integrity of the content.

Community editors are welcome to help. If you want to be a contributor, register on the Wiki and send us an email to support@multicharts.com with a request (including your UserID) to make you an editor. This process was created to combat spam posts.

This tool is for our users, and it's only as good as the content you help us create. We welcome contributions on existing entries, but also creation of more general articles, such as "FAQ", or "Beginner's Guide", or "Tips and Tricks to PL programming". The forum remain a place to ask specific questions, but it's difficult to locate all accumulated information on a topic - that's where the Wiki steps in and becomes the go-to place.

New articles describing Manual Trading features, Broker Profiles, Custom Futures and Backup Instructions have been added to the Content Section on the Wiki. More articles will be added soon.

XIKON

Re: MULTICHARTS WIKI LAUNCHED

Postby XIKON » 01 Mar 2012

This is a great innovation which MC have put togehter. Locating information was becoming a challenge considering the contributions which all would like to make for continuous improvement. Thank you.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 02 Mar 2012

XIKON,

You should sign up and become a contributor!

TIKITRADER

Postby TIKITRADER » 25 Mar 2012

Wiki is great. Thanks very much.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 25 Mar 2012

Wiki is great. Thanks very much.
Second that thought!!!!!!! Pease Feel free to delete my opinion (this post) and keep using this thread to have only new features (in addition to your new features list which comes out with each release of beta etc).

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 26 Mar 2012

I would really like it if users became more active in the wiki - correcting existing information, adding new details, articles... Together we can create the ultimate resource, while without your help we may not cover all the bases. So far JoshM has been a great help, it would be great if more people could transfer their knowledge to share with others.

PM me, or email sbokov@multicharts.com with your wiki ID to get editing rights.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Mar 2012

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Mar 2012

New Wiki articles:

1. We have developed a tool that reduces database size by cleaning the deleted records and makes your 32 bit data bases compatible with MultiCharts 64 bit. Please follow this guide.
2. Auto trading Strategy Alerts page.
3. Complete list of MultiCharts processes.

swz168

Postby swz168 » 10 Apr 2012

Please activate again "Recent Changes". That was very helpful for discovering new articles.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 10 Apr 2012

swz168

Postby swz168 » 11 Apr 2012

Exactly! But the new user creation are also listed, which is quite annoying because it seems some spammer robots creates continuesly new users. So good choice to allow only approved users to edit.

swz168

Postby swz168 » 11 Apr 2012

I just discovered "Special Pages". Have all I need now. Thanks!

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 11 Apr 2012

Exactly! But the new user creation are also listed, which is quite annoying because it seems some spammer robots creates continuesly new users. So good choice to allow only approved users to edit.
Only approved users can edit, but we can't close the reg to these bots - they are getting around the captchas. We also need more users to edit.

Not much of a Wiki if only staff contributes - people get only one perspective. Users should request editing rights from me and take an active part.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 12 Apr 2012

I started to look at learning the Wiki and how to update it. I will most likely get back at it in the next few Weekends. As a start at least, I want to make an entry in the intrabarpersist that links in my example scripts for learning the command. However I have a concern. The concern was presented in the following thread.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10210.

Considering the lost links pointed out in the above thread, has anything been done, or can anything be done, to prevent any links (put in the Wiki to forum threads or posts) from being lost?

Regarding the currently lost links, I don't suppose there is any way to automate the fix of the lost links. I am not an expert at this, but being of former full time programmer mentality, I took a look at the old link and the new links and as TJ pointed out I guess it is the server that has changed. I fixed one of them and it takes a lot of work actually. I am assuming the numbers on the old links were assigned sequentially and were not carried over to the new server. I am going to take a guess that the new numbers are also being assigned sequentially and were restarted at 1 and there is an overlap between old and new. So if this is correct then I suspect an auto fix could be planned. Okay so if I am correct so far, It may be that manual corrections create a problem for this automated fix (they would create a duplicate in the corrections). However this is not a big issue because there will be a lot less of these manual corrections than the links that were lost 0riginally. I figure a script could be written to correct the links on the new server by bumping them up by the amount of the last link number on the old server + 1 (what should have been done originally I assume). Okay, if I am correct so far, to help with the duplicates, what could be done if duplicates are found is they could be reported (these will be the users who did the manual fixes after the fact such as myself and TJ). Maybe a manually created email could be sent to these users and they would go back and redo their manual fixes. If all this is possible (and done) obviously it is going to need to be tested or it will create a huge mess if it is not done correctly. That should be part of the whole plan. Unfortunately maybe there is not much time for this but I just felt I should present the idea to see if there is any chance since there are going to be a lot of people getting their hopes up when they go to click these links and they get the "not found message". Also, I have not been in much of a rush to update the Wiki because of this issue since my first update will be the creation of a link and I don't want to have to go back and do a manual fix on this.

Return to “MultiCharts”