auto-trading fail to convert limit order to market order

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
stonebrook2011

auto-trading fail to convert limit order to market order

Postby stonebrook2011 » 02 May 2012

I have this issue and hope someone can help me to solve it.

In autotrading, when a limit entry order can't be filled, MC always fails to convert order to market order although I check the box (the limit order just gets cancelled at the end of bar). Meanwhile, an unfilled limit exit order can be converted to market order and partially filled order (no matter entry or exit) can always be converted to market order.

i am using 10min bar. Attached is the setting screenshot. I am using 8.0 beta3. I actually had this issue since I started using MC (MC 7.4).

Thanks
Attachments
autotrading.JPG
(70.94 KiB) Downloaded 264 times

JoshM

Re: auto-trading fail to convert limit order to market order

Postby JoshM » 02 May 2012

I can't be of much help here, but would the option 'Cancel market orders as absolete if not filled within 0 seconds' be in conflict with the 'Convert unexecuted .. orders to market orders'? I can imagine that, if the limit order gets converted to a market, it's not filled within 0 seconds, and thus immediately cancelled?

Perhaps the Auto trading wiki article can give you some more useful pointers/suggestions.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: auto-trading fail to convert limit order to market order

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 May 2012

Stonebrook2011, please disable the option "Cancel market orders as absolete" and let us know how it goes.

Return to “MultiCharts”