Open Price guarantee.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
youn56

Open Price guarantee.

Postby youn56 » 08 May 2012

Hello,
I want to be sure my order will be executed at the opening price. But since the order is sent (from MC to TWS) at the first available tick, how to have the guarantee that the execution will take place at the opening price and not to the second tick?
Regards.

TJ

Re: Open Price guarantee.

Postby TJ » 08 May 2012

Hello,
I want to be sure my order will be executed at the opening price. But since the order is sent (from MC to TWS) at the first available tick, how to have the guarantee that the execution will take place at the opening price and not to the second tick?
Regards.
code the strategy to send your order the night before,

or send the order manually before the market opens.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 May 2012

Hello Youn56,

Let me clarify it:
Next bar orders are sent to the broker upon next tick after the signal generation tick. That is possible to send Market and Price Next bar orders.
IOG On (tick by tick calculation)-order is generated on the current tick and sent on the next tick.
IOG Off (calculation on the close of the bar)-order is generated on the close of the current bar and sent on the opening tick of the next bar.
This Bar on Close order is sent on the close of the signal generation bar. Only market orders can be sent This bar. Buy Next bar at open = Buy Next bar at Market;

You can also check the status of the most recent tick in the current bar of the specified data series with the help of BarStatus word.

youn56

Postby youn56 » 11 May 2012

code the strategy to send your order the night before,
Hello,
How may I do to do this without tick ?

Return to “MultiCharts”