What compiler

Read before posting.
trader39

What compiler

Postby trader39 » 07 Mar 2012

What compiler (preferably available on line and free, or for a free trial; and either C, C++, or Java) do you recommend to write MC64 dll's? I understand that Visual Studio is not compatible. What is both compatible and recommended?

JoshM

Re: Recommended compiler to write MC64 dll's?

Postby JoshM » 08 Mar 2012

Thanks for asking it Trader39, I came here to ask the same thing.

I read yesterday on BMT that Visual Studio 2010 generates DLLs that aren't compatible with MultiCharts.

If Visual Studio, the 'industry standard', doesn't work with MultiCharts, can MC Support provide a list with IDE's for various programming languages (like C++ and C#) that do work with MultiCharts?

I'm not interested in trying all the other IDE's out since I'm quite content with Visual Studio 2010.

thutch

Re: MultiCharts 64 bit resources

Postby thutch » 10 May 2012

2. Plkit.dll to write 64 bit DLLs

You need to use Plkit.dll to write 64 bit DLLs.
This dll can be found in MultiCharts folder.
Sorry TJ, I'm illiterate in these matters. What does the above actually mean, and what do I need to do?

I have spent ages setting up MC on a 64-bit system, and ELCollections is the only thing that doesn't work.

I have copied over the 64-bit ELCollections.dll, and imported the old .ELD files into the PowerLanguage window. Are these still the right set?

Am I missing anything other than the mysterious qute from Henry?

thank you

TJ

Postby TJ » 10 May 2012

You need to use Plkit.dll to write 64 bit DLLs.
This dll can be found in MultiCharts folder.
Sorry TJ, I'm illiterate in these matters. What does the above actually mean, and what do I need to do?
I have spent ages setting up MC on a 64-bit system, and ELCollections is the only thing that doesn't work.
I have copied over the 64-bit ELCollections.dll, and imported the old .ELD files into the PowerLanguage window. Are these still the right set?
thank you
What Henry refers to is for writing DLL, it is not needed for ELCollections.

I have not tried ELCollections on MultiCharts64 yet. Maybe someone who has can comment.

thutch

Postby thutch » 11 May 2012

thank you
What Henry refers to is for writing DLL, it is not needed for ELCollections.
I have not tried ELCollections on MultiCharts64 yet. Maybe someone who has can comment.
Does anyone have good experience of ELCollections on MC8 64-bit?

What was needed to get it to work?

thutch

Postby thutch » 14 May 2012

It does work. My mistake.

arjfca

Postby arjfca » 04 Jan 2013

Thanks for asking it Trader39, I came here to ask the same thing.

I read yesterday on BMT that Visual Studio 2010 generates DLLs that aren't compatible with MultiCharts.

If Visual Studio, the 'industry standard', doesn't work with MultiCharts, can MC Support provide a list with IDE's for various programming languages (like C++ and C#) that do work with MultiCharts?

I'm not interested in trying all the other IDE's out since I'm quite content with Visual Studio 2010.
Hello Josh

Is this question as been resolve?
Martin

Dru

Postby Dru » 21 Jan 2013

Controversial statement. What exactly went wrong?

Fu510n

Postby Fu510n » 02 Jan 2015

Controversial statement. What exactly went wrong?
Might have been thread https://www.bigmiketrading.com/easylang ... guage.html?

In any case, I was able to generate both 32 and 64-bit DLLs using VS2010 a few years ago and most recently with VS2013 Community Edition that all worked fine with their respective MC versions. I was even able to create a 64-bit DLL with PureBasic a couple weeks ago with the same functionality that "just worked" with MC64.

-Guy

Return to “MultiCharts FAQ”