Why unique strategy name in MC backtest XML export?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
thutch

Why unique strategy name in MC backtest XML export?

Postby thutch » 16 May 2012

I exported an MC strategy backtest using the rina XML format (not Excel), and found that the strategy name is given a unique hexadecimal code, found close to the top of the file. And far more information is included in this export than the Excel version.

Now, how could this hex identifier be assigned if all MC users' strategies were not registered by MC centrally? I can't help wondering why on earth there is a unique code assigned to strategies.

Would like to hear others' views...

NW27

Re: Why unique strategy name in MC backtest XML export?

Postby NW27 » 16 May 2012

I don't know what the hex number is about but I am curious as to how you are ready the file?

What do you use to pull the information out and what extra information are you finding?

Neil.

thutch

Postby thutch » 17 May 2012

I don't know what the hex number is about but I am curious as to how you are ready the file?

What do you use to pull the information out and what extra information are you finding?

Neil.
Its simply an option when exporting a strategy backtest report to d/l it as XML rather than Excel. You can then open that file with a text editor such as Textedit in Mac. The strategy's hex code is visible on line 14 from the top

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 17 May 2012

I exported an MC strategy backtest using the rina XML format (not Excel), and found that the strategy name is given a unique hexadecimal code, found close to the top of the file. And far more information is included in this export than the Excel version.

Now, how could this hex identifier be assigned if all MC users' strategies were not registered by MC centrally? I can't help wondering why on earth there is a unique code assigned to strategies.

Would like to hear others' views...
Hello Thutch,

We confirm this XML report issue. The code values pointing to the certain line of report would be fixed and shown properly.

Return to “MultiCharts”