Wrong price on chart trading?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
DRCM

Wrong price on chart trading?

Postby DRCM » 17 May 2012

Hello,

IB, MC 7.4, Idealpro symbols.
Format Instrument->Settings->Quote Field set to Trade, it still shows Ask price.
If I change it to Bid price I get correct price as Bid, if I change it to Ask or Trade it always shows Ask price. Is here something wrong with my settings or its a bug?
Update: on the top of the chart says Trade price chosen.
Thank you

btw, when IB close Idealpro at 22:00 and open again at 22:15 MC doesn`t update my chart, had to "Reload All Data" to get quotes running again. Had same problem two days in a row.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Wrong price on chart trading?

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 May 2012

Hello DRCM,

This question has been discussed in the following topic.
In MultiCharts Ask price is equal to Trade price because IB API is not providing the Trade price for Forex symbols.
btw, when IB close Idealpro at 22:00 and open again at 22:15 MC doesn`t update my chart, had to "Reload All Data" to get quotes running again. Had same problem two days in a row.
Please make sure the session settings are correct in QuoteManager->Edit instrument->Sessions and MultiCharts->Format instrument->Settings tab.
Also install the attached updater.
Attachments
MC_IB_70.zip
(898.72 KiB) Downloaded 112 times

DRCM

Postby DRCM » 18 May 2012

This question has been discussed in the following topic.
In MultiCharts Ask price is equal to Trade price because IB API is not providing the Trade price for Forex symbols.

Hello,

how do we get the right price (Trade) on DOM if IB API doesn`t provide it?

Thank you
Last edited by DRCM on 18 May 2012, edited 1 time in total.

DRCM

Please make sure the session settings are correct in QuoteManager->Edit instrument->Sessions and MultiCharts->Format instrument->Settings tab.
Also install the attached updater.[/quote]
Is it same updater released 2-3 weeks ago for version 7.4? if so, my MC is updated already. Settings looks ok. QM-Custom session template 24/7, MC-Default. However I`ll have a look at this problem next week and contact support if it still exist.

Thanks

Fabrice

Postby Fabrice » 18 May 2012

Hello DRCM,

As you are trading Forex on the same config than me (MC 7.4 / IB), you might be interested in reading the various problems I still have (backfill/update, last daily bar is wrong, timezone adjustment) . See MC-902 where I explain.
I have hopes that they will all be solved in MC 8.0.

Regarding the Trade price vs Bid price, I have also discovered that they are the same on MC. But this is not an issue with MC. Look at the way that TWS chart the Forex, they chart the midpoint, i.e. (bid + ask) / 2. This is because there is no "Last" price on Forex.

http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... _no=MC-902

Henry MultiСharts

Is it same updater released 2-3 weeks ago for version 7.4? if so, my MC is updated already. Settings looks ok. QM-Custom session template 24/7, MC-Default. However I`ll have a look at this problem next week and contact support if it still exist.
This is IB data feed updater. Previously we have released IB broker updater.
Please install the updater I have provided above.

DRCM

What about MCx64 8.3 beta? Do we have to update IB data Updater as well?

Thanks

Henry MultiСharts

What about MCx64 8.3 beta? Do we have to update IB data Updater as well?

Thanks
No, MC 8.0 beta 3 already contains all latest updates.

DRCM

Hello DRCM,

As you are trading Forex on the same config than me (MC 7.4 / IB), you might be interested in reading the various problems I still have (backfill/update, last daily bar is wrong, timezone adjustment) . See MC-902 where I explain.
I have hopes that they will all be solved in MC 8.0.

Regarding the Trade price vs Bid price, I have also discovered that they are the same on MC. But this is not an issue with MC. Look at the way that TWS chart the Forex, they chart the midpoint, i.e. (bid + ask) / 2. This is because there is no "Last" price on Forex.

http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... _no=MC-902
Hi, Fabrice

have you tryed MCx86 8.3 version? Is there any improvements regarding all these problems?

Thanks

Fabrice

Postby Fabrice » 19 May 2012

Good news: those 3 big problems have disappeared in 8.0 beta2. For beta3 I do not know. I will check with 8.0 RC once available (which should be a matter of days).

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 May 2012

Hello,
Thank you
When the Trade price is not provided, MultiCharts plots mid price (bid + ask) / 2 in DOM

DRCM

Postby DRCM » 22 May 2012

Hello,
Thank you
When the Trade price is not provided, MultiCharts plots mid price (bid + ask) / 2 in DOM
Is it possible to implement the same thing in the future into the chart trading like in DOM, or there is some difficulties to do it?

Thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 May 2012

Hello,
Thank you
Is it possible to implement the same thing in the future into the chart trading like in DOM, or there is some difficulties to do it?
Thanks
It should be possible to implement it but there are no such plans at the moment.

Return to “MultiCharts”