Display trades on my chart order not sent by MC. Possible?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arjfca

Display trades on my chart order not sent by MC. Possible?

Postby arjfca » 25 May 2012

Hello

My broker is IB and my order are sent via Excel. Is it possible to visualize the order on my chart with the entry and exit arrow?

Martin

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Display trades on my chart order not sent by MC. Possib

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 May 2012

Hello
My broker is IB and my order are sent via Excel. Is it possible to visualize the order on my chart with the entry and exit arrow?
Martin
Hello Martin,

You can plot an arrow on the chart from your signal with the help of Arw_New word.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 29 May 2012

You can also try the ChangeMarketPosition keyword. It plots the arrows, and all program parts consider it a real order for all intents and purposes (except it's never sent anywhere).

arjfca

Postby arjfca » 29 May 2012

You can also try the ChangeMarketPosition keyword. It plots the arrows, and all program parts consider it a real order for all intents and purposes (except it's never sent anywhere).
OK, I see

Actually, my trade are sent via Excel with info received from MC via an indicator. I will then need to modify my indicator to work within or with a signal hooked to the account so it can sniff out a new position.

Main reason to use Excel is it allow me to send orders via a button and these orders, even calculated by MC could be modify or adjust on the fly just before being sent.

But I need top see where is my entry/exit so I can see and learn from my mistake

Martin :)

Return to “MultiCharts”