And another crash of 7.4

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Fabrice

And another crash of 7.4

Postby Fabrice » 23 May 2012

I do very simple things with MC. I do not experiment complex strategies, such things. Just some basic discretionary trading and 1 or 2 market scanners with 10 symbols each. And, you know what ? It crashes !!!

I am really fed up with those crashes. Now, I have lost :
- all the manual drawing done today on my charts
- all the changes made today in the Market Scanners
- all the symbols marked for "Collect RT" are now marked "Off"

By miracle, the data seems ok in Quote Manager, the only real rock-solid piece of MC from my experience (except "Collect RT" that is disable when crashes) - for everything around strategies and automatic trading, I do not know how strong it is.

When this crash happens, I just have 1 option : to reboot several times, to be sure to start MC in reliable state. Needless to say, that is not really the kind of thing that helps trading under the fire of the market.

I am fed up because that happens 2 or 3 times a month, and I always lose some part of the job done during the day.

I have my idea about what causes those crashes, and I will let you know in 8.0 RC because I doubt that you might give some consideration for the 7.X branch. For the moment, I just can say that if this is not quickly fixed in 8.0 RC or Release, and MC.Net does not quickly handle multi TF/multi symbols in indicators/market scanner, I will very seriously consider to move to SC.

Fabrice

MC 7.4

Good idea to focus on the ground before looking higher... This is exactly what I expect. Ensure that the job is done for the ground before adding new things.
http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/v ... =1&t=10419

TJ

Re: And another crash of 7.4

Postby TJ » 23 May 2012

I believe there is something other than the integrity of MultiCharts that is causing your crash.
Maybe an error/fault that happened during installation?
Maybe a conflict with another program?

Have you contacted online help? They are a very helpful bunch.

If there is a stability issue, I am sure you will hear more of it on this forum.

escamillo

Postby escamillo » 23 May 2012

What computer do you have? What operating system? What graphics card(s)? What peripheral devices including graphics cards.

My experience was that when running Windows XP with an add-on graphics card, I got hangs and crashes on TS. Now, with Windows Vista and beyond, I have had maybe one crash ever in each of TS and MC. My guess with your system is that there is a resource conflict that is not the fault of MC, but one that becomes apparent when you are using MC.

example:
http://www.ehow.com/facts_7349179_hardw ... lict_.html

Fabrice

To TJ & escamillo: thank you for your suggestions but I am almost sure where the problem is (MC), and how to reproduce it. I will post here what happens with 8.0 RC, whatever the result is. Regards.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 23 May 2012

Fabrice, have you reported this crash issue in the Live Chat, to the support@multicharts.com or project management system? Did you send a bug report in the appeared application error dialogue window? The issue (if there is one) cannot be fixed by itself. If you have an issue-please contact our technical support by one of the provided above methods and we will be glad to help you.

Please be more precise in your description. Attach a screenshot of the issue you have encountered. If it is an Exception or Assert issue-click Terminate button, collect the logs and send us for analysis.

Fabrice

Postby Fabrice » 31 May 2012

This critical bug still affects 8.0 RC. It is documented in this PM
http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... _no=MC-983
Regards.

TJ

Postby TJ » 31 May 2012

Regards.
Lastbaronchart is for chart use, not for scanner. The scanner is a real time service, there is no last bar on scanner.

LAST is for quote field use. Again, you don't use it with lastbaronchart because a quote field is not a chart.

arjfca

Postby arjfca » 31 May 2012

I do very simple things with MC. I do not experiment complex strategies, such things. Just some basic discretionary trading and 1 or 2 market scanners with 10 symbols each. And, you know what ? It crashes !!!

I am really fed up with those crashes. Now, I have lost :
- all the manual drawing done today on my charts
- all the changes made today in the Market Scanners
- all the symbols marked for "Collect RT" are now marked "Off"

By miracle, the data seems ok in Quote Manager, the only real rock-solid piece of MC from my experience (except "Collect RT" that is disable when crashes) - for everything around strategies and automatic trading, I do not know how strong it is.

When this crash happens, I just have 1 option : to reboot several times, to be sure to start MC in reliable state. Needless to say, that is not really the kind of thing that helps trading under the fire of the market.

I am fed up because that happens 2 or 3 times a month, and I always lose some part of the job done during the day.

I have my idea about what causes those crashes, and I will let you know in 8.0 RC because I doubt that you might give some consideration for the 7.X branch. For the moment, I just can say that if this is not quickly fixed in 8.0 RC or Release, and MC.Net does not quickly handle multi TF/multi symbols in indicators/market scanner, I will very seriously consider to move to SC.
Hello / Bonjour Fabrice

When I started working with MC I had to a lot of crash. At the time, my problem was caused by
- To munch data entered in my backtest. I was studying 2 years of 1 minutes
- To many study in one workspace

- Now, I use limited data to do backtest or study like indicator
- I try to not overload my workspace

MC 64 may resolve some memory limitation.

I encourage you to contact MC support via the chat. They could run your code and see where is the problem.

Good luck

Martin

Fabrice

Postby Fabrice » 01 Jun 2012

Regards.
Lastbaronchart is for chart use, not for scanner. The scanner is a real time service, there is no last bar on scanner.

LAST is for quote field use. Again, you don't use it with lastbaronchart because a quote field is not a chart.
To TJ:

You miss the point.

If LastBarOnChart should be used only in chart, I really doubt it, but why not. Market Scanner loads data series like the charts. So it has a last bar, which is not displayed, but is in memory.

My example uses Last, but this does not matter at all. You can use any number, even a constant.

The real point here is : changing the type of data for the plot causes the crash. *This* is the issue.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 Jun 2012

Regards.
Hello Fabrice,

The issue has been confirmed and added to our fix list. Thank you for reporting.

Return to “MultiCharts”