impossible to place a stop (possible link with tick size)

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Nicolas23

impossible to place a stop (possible link with tick size)

Postby Nicolas23 » 13 Jun 2012

Hi,

I am facing the following problem while discretionary trading German DAX with MultiCharts
Data feed: XGM12 from DTN IQFeed
mapped with broker:
FDAX_JUN_12 Interactive Brokers.

Both XGM12 (DTN IQFeed) and FDAX_JUN_12 (IB) have the following settings:
PriceScale : 1/10
Minimum Move: 5
It should correspond to a tick size of 0.5, which is the tick size of DAX ( http://www.eurexchange.com/trading/prod ... AX_en.html ).

I can enter trades, so the connection between MultiCharts, DTN IQFeed and Interactive Brokers.

But:
- when I am in trade, the number of current ticks (in gain or loss) between current price and entry price which is displayed on the arrows on the chart and in the chart windows on the right are totally erroneous (for instance: 513 ticks)
- more important: I can not place stop orders. When I try to place one at 10 ticks (for instance), it does not work and I have the following error message from IB in the log: "The price does not conform to the minimum price variation for this contract".

How can I solve these both issues?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)
Yours sincerely,

Nicolas

evdl

Re: impossible to place a stop (possible link with tick size

Postby evdl » 13 Jun 2012

Hello Nicolas23

Can you check symbol mapping? Depending your data feed, MC will generate multiple entries in symbol mapping. It can be that orders are not always send to the broker via one exchange. I have for example symbols that use the AEB(exchange) to open orders but stoploss and profittargets are send to the broker via SMART (exchange). So mc will generate the same symbol in quotemanager, one with the SMART exchange listed and one with AEB.

Possible is that the minimal price movement is not set for one or more exchange listed for the same symbol in quotemanager. All different exchanges for the same symbol need to have the same price settings in my case. So maybe this will work for you too.

Nicolas23

Postby Nicolas23 » 13 Jun 2012

Hi evdl,

Thanks for your help. :)
I have checked in the symbol mapping table, but I just have one line with DAX.
But I will keep your advice in mind. ;)

Thanks again :)

Nicolas

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 13 Jun 2012

Hi,

I am facing the following problem while discretionary trading German DAX with MultiCharts
Data feed: XGM12 from DTN IQFeed
mapped with broker:
FDAX_JUN_12 Interactive Brokers.

Both XGM12 (DTN IQFeed) and FDAX_JUN_12 (IB) have the following settings:
PriceScale : 1/10
Minimum Move: 5
It should correspond to a tick size of 0.5, which is the tick size of DAX ( http://www.eurexchange.com/trading/prod ... AX_en.html ).

I can enter trades, so the connection between MultiCharts, DTN IQFeed and Interactive Brokers.

But:
- when I am in trade, the number of current ticks (in gain or loss) between current price and entry price which is displayed on the arrows on the chart and in the chart windows on the right are totally erroneous (for instance: 513 ticks)
- more important: I can not place stop orders. When I try to place one at 10 ticks (for instance), it does not work and I have the following error message from IB in the log: "The price does not conform to the minimum price variation for this contract".

How can I solve these both issues?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)
Yours sincerely,

Nicolas
Hello Nicolas,

You need to add the IB instrument from the data source:
QuoteManager->Add symbol->From data source-> IB.
Then you need to set the settings (price scale, min mov, big point value) for the IQFeed instrument (double click on it in the QuoteManager) the same way you have them for IB instrument added from the data source.
Then you need to plot a new chart for IQFeed instrument and reload the data using Ctrl+R.
Next step is creating the correct symbol mapping.

After all of the above is done-the problem should be solved.

Nicolas23

Postby Nicolas23 » 14 Jun 2012

Henry,

I have proceeded according to your instructions, and my problem is solved.

Thanks a lot! :)

Nicolas

Return to “MultiCharts”