delta always 0 in signals

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bibulous

delta always 0 in signals

Postby bibulous » 12 Jun 2012

I have a problem with MC 8 RC and the delta volume ( UpTicks - DownTicks ). If I use it in a signal it is always 0. Although, the GomCD indicators downloaded from here seem to work just fine... Do I have to set up something differently in signals? Or in other words are "UpTicks" and "DownTicks" supposed to work in signals?

The feed is IQFeed and the instrument is ES# .

JoshM

Re: delta always 0 in signals

Postby JoshM » 16 Jun 2012

What's your chart type and data?

The wiki page suggests that UpTicks and DownTicks need tick data:
Please note that most data feeds provide only a limited history of tick and volume data; storing real-time feed data will ensure the availability of historical tick and volume data.

arnie

Postby arnie » 16 Jun 2012

I have a problem with MC 8 RC and the delta volume ( UpTicks - DownTicks ). If I use it in a signal it is always 0. Although, the GomCD indicators downloaded from here seem to work just fine... Do I have to set up something differently in signals? Or in other words are "UpTicks" and "DownTicks" supposed to work in signals?

The feed is IQFeed and the instrument is ES# .
A word of caution here, DO NOT trust GOM CD indicators made available by MC support. As so many times mention here and thoroughly discussed at BMT, they do not retrieve real delta.

Compare MC CD indicators with SC, IRT, MD. They couldn't be more different.

MC need to retrieve true bid and ask volume and not up and down ticks to calculate delta volume. Actually, if they decide to offer footprint charts they will need to retrieve that data otherwise they will have pretty angry clients when they start to compare their charts with the ones from MD and SC. The divergence will be huge, as the ones seen in the CD indicators.

I'm afraid if you really want CD, you need to look elsewhere, as I and so many others did :(

Laurent

Postby Laurent » 17 Jun 2012

So True :-(

bibulous

Postby bibulous » 17 Jun 2012

What's your chart type and data?
I am using IQFeed #ES@ on a 500 tick chart.

bibulous

Postby bibulous » 17 Jun 2012

A word of caution here, DO NOT trust GOM CD indicators made available by MC support. As so many times mention here and thoroughly discussed at BMT, they do not retrieve real delta.

Compare MC CD indicators with SC, IRT, MD. They couldn't be more different.

MC need to retrieve true bid and ask volume and not up and down ticks to calculate delta volume. Actually, if they decide to offer footprint charts they will need to retrieve that data otherwise they will have pretty angry clients when they start to compare their charts with the ones from MD and SC. The divergence will be huge, as the ones seen in the CD indicators.

I'm afraid if you really want CD, you need to look elsewhere, as I and so many others did :(
Yes, that is what I now did. I am now using Investor/RT for CD analysis.

Return to “MultiCharts”