[feature request] - Alert button

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arnie

[feature request] - Alert button

Postby arnie » 20 Jun 2012

I've just created a PM feature request.

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1022

I'm requesting a button on the Toolbar to switch ON and OFF all alerts from all charts.

Regards,
Fernando

arnie

Re: [feature request] - Alert button

Postby arnie » 20 Jun 2012

Despite of what I've written, the alert option from the study preferences window although switching ON and OFF the standard MC alert (the right bottom corner yellow box), it does not switch ON and OFF the .wav files written on the study. They continue to be played.

I'm afraid that this fact can limit the alert button action since my idea is for the button to act on the .wav files and not necessarily on the yellow box popping up.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 21 Jun 2012

Despite of what I've written, the alert option from the study preferences window although switching ON and OFF the standard MC alert (the right bottom corner yellow box), it does not switch ON and OFF the .wav files written on the study. They continue to be played.

I'm afraid that this fact can limit the alert button action since my idea is for the button to act on the .wav files and not necessarily on the yellow box popping up.
Arnie, please explain what do you mean. There are separate controls for enabling/disabling each type of alert (audio, visual, email).
Attachments
Format Study.png
(20.7 KiB) Downloaded 259 times

arnie

Postby arnie » 21 Jun 2012

Arnie, please explain what do you mean. There are separate controls for enabling/disabling each type of alert (audio, visual, email).

I'm referring too a simple button that would switch ON and OFF all alerts been set on that window. Basically, this button would override all options there.
When you have several alerts on each chart, 7 in my case, do you know the time spent opening each window to switch OFF each alert and then, 5 minutes later, switch ON all of them again?

A simple button in the toolbar that could override all alerts would be perfect to suspend all the alerts.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 21 Jun 2012

Your feature request is clear enough. My question was regarding the line from your post #2.
Are you referring to audio alert selected in Format indicator->Alerts tab of a file called from a study itself?

arnie

Postby arnie » 21 Jun 2012

Your feature request is clear enough. My question was regarding the line from your post #2.
Are you referring to audio alert selected in Format indicator->Alerts tab of a file called from a study itself?
Sorry about that, reading something and thinking about a different thing usually ends like this, confusion.

I was referring to a file called from within the study, like this:

Code: Select all

if UseAlerts = true then begin
if HaveHiAlert = false and (OverBarCounter > 1) and LastBarOnchart_s then
begin
HaveHiAlert = true;

if SelectAlertSymbol = "ES" then begin
Alert(" ES @ New Overnight High: " + NumToStr(High, DecimalSpaces));
PlaySound(Text("C:\Trademechanics Data\Sounds\SnPMadeNewHighDay.wav"));
end
else
if SelectAlertSymbol = "EU" then begin
Alert(" EU @ New Overnight High: " + NumToStr(High, DecimalSpaces));
PlaySound(Text("C:\Trademechanics Data\Sounds\EuroMadeNewHighDay.wav"));

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Jun 2012

I was referring to a file called from within the study, like this:

Code: Select all

if UseAlerts = true then begin
if HaveHiAlert = false and (OverBarCounter > 1) and LastBarOnchart_s then
begin
HaveHiAlert = true;

if SelectAlertSymbol = "ES" then begin
Alert(" ES @ New Overnight High: " + NumToStr(High, DecimalSpaces));
PlaySound(Text("C:\Trademechanics Data\Sounds\SnPMadeNewHighDay.wav"));
end
else
if SelectAlertSymbol = "EU" then begin
Alert(" EU @ New Overnight High: " + NumToStr(High, DecimalSpaces));
PlaySound(Text("C:\Trademechanics Data\Sounds\EuroMadeNewHighDay.wav"));
Technically that should be possible to handle PlaySound command and be able to disable it for all charts across MultiCharts. Please add the following note to your PM request that this is the exact functionality you are requesting.

Return to “MultiCharts”