Saving a Desktop

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
TO_Trader

Saving a Desktop

Postby TO_Trader » 25 Jun 2012

Is it possible to save the desktop, as one can do in TS? I would like to save a desktop that contains all my workspaces so I don't have the open the workspaces one by one.

janus

Re: Saving a Desktop

Postby janus » 26 Jun 2012

Is it possible to save the desktop, as one can do in TS? I would like to save a desktop that contains all my workspaces so I don't have the open the workspaces one by one.
Me too. I wanted such a feature for some time.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 26 Jun 2012

I don't know if this is an acceptable workaround for you, but you could make folders for all your workspaces (for example "MyFXWorkspaces", "MyStocks", etc), and go to File -> Open Workspace, and navigate to that folder. Then select all workspaces in the folder (Ctrl-A), and open them.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 26 Jun 2012

Hello TO_Trader,

There is no such feature at the moment. You may want to submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 26 Jun 2012

I thought a handy option would be for MC to have 3 options during startup- open no workspaces, open weekday workspaces and open weekend workspaces..
I typically run tests with just a couple of charts open on weekends while on weekdays(trading days) I open many workspaces with many windows to get a better feel for the current market action..

TO_Trader

Postby TO_Trader » 26 Jun 2012

You could do that but if we had the ability to save desktops then you could save your weekend, or week charts or anything else you could think of. I will submit a feature request as per Henry's suggestion. If any of you agree then please vote!

Return to “MultiCharts”