Adding New Data Vendor

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
wajodi

Adding New Data Vendor

Postby wajodi » 21 Jun 2012

Hi I am currently using KINETICK for my real time data and placing orders thru Patsystems. I am doing this to take advantage of the CME fee waiver scheme, saves me almost $300 per month. I would much rather use Multi Charts of course.

Is it a big job to Add KINETICK as another data provider to MultiCharts?

ABC

Re: Adding New Data Vendor

Postby ABC » 21 Jun 2012

Hi wajodi,

isn't Kinetick just a white label of IQFeed, which is only licensed to NT? Which would mean you get the same quality with IQFeed and they also offer the CME Waiver program.

Regards,

ABC

wajodi

Postby wajodi » 21 Jun 2012

Thanks ABC, I didn't know any of that, but I will definately check it out.

wajodi

Postby wajodi » 25 Jun 2012

OK I went and Spoke to IQfeed about using my KINETICK account login to use their RT data for MultiCharts............. Their only (repeated) response was, "If you have a KINETICK RT data account you should go and speak to them.

I did go and talk to them, their only response to the same question that I asked IQfeed, " Kinetick is only for NT 7, have a nice day."

IQfeed do support the CME fee waiver program so I'll just have to cancel my KINETICK account and open a new IQfeed account, which will cost slightly more, but is still very cheap RT data with the CME fee waiver taken into account.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention ABC.

Laurent

Postby Laurent » 26 Jun 2012

In my opinion, that would be nice to have an official feed (unfiltred) for MC (as Kinetick for NT).
No need to reinvent the wheel. Just rename/label a good feed such as CQG or IQFeed and sell it with MC as a package (maybe cheaper?).

Are some users interested ? Maybe I could post a feature request on the PM.

janus

Postby janus » 26 Jun 2012

In my opinion, that would be nice to have an official feed (unfiltred) for MC (as Kinetick for NT).
No need to reinvent the wheel. Just rename/label a good feed such as CQG or IQFeed and sell it with MC as a package (maybe cheaper?).
Sounds like a good idea. One condition though. The feed should be comprehensive enough to cover almost all markets and instruments across the world. Forget IB. Although they do cover a wide range, one of the best in fact, their real-time data feed is not true real-time tick data, unlike some of the others.

Return to “MultiCharts”