[WIKI] - Contirbutors needed!

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Stan Bokov

[WIKI] - Contirbutors needed!

Postby Stan Bokov » 26 Jun 2012

Dear members of our smallish but very knowledgable MultiCharts community!

I've been watching this forum for a very long time, and I know a lot of useful information has plunged into its depths. I know what I've seen, but then I have to go dig it up on a hunch when I need to take a look at it - not the best approach.

We need your help! Our Wiki is meant for knowledgeable articles (and some of your posts deserve to be articles on their own), so why not share your wealth of experience and tips?

It's very simple. Sign up for a Wiki account here - https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... =Main_Page

And then PM me your Wiki login. I'll turn on editing rights, and whenever something comes up that deserves to be there, you can simply post into an article.

Our guys (and gals) moved the entire help file there, but you have unique insight as people using MultiCharts every day, so you know it from a different perspective. Come on and join us in this glorious quest! :)

P.S. Forgot to add. Down the road we may think of fun contests or prizes to give away to our helpful to contributors, just to say thanks for helping out the other users.

bowlesj3

Re: [WIKI] - Contirbutors needed!

Postby bowlesj3 » 01 Jul 2012

Hi Stan,

You might find that a bit if instructions on how to go about making updates helps you get the contributions you are hoping for. My lack of contribution so far is mostly because I tend to be very busy (especially lately) and I have not had any chance to go about learning how to update the Wiki (I do not want to mess anything up). I do not think it will be hard to learn of course but I think the knowledge needed is not absolute zero. In my case (to start at least) I will simply create a few links in the IntraBarPersist. I also might consider creating a brand new entry for the Recalculate command seeing as the MC-Team seems to be afraid of talking about this great command for reasons I do not understand. So my suggestion is when one of the MC-Team makes its next update take notes on absolutely every step you take to do this and then post these steps in understandable instruction format. It may be that you need several types of instructions (create a new entry, update an entry, create a link to a forum thread, etc). I think the real problem is that traders who are going to make it are incredibly busy and this is the most likely reason they do not have this knowledge. They (like me) may have absolutely zero knowledge of Wiki except for the Wiki encyclopedia and may not know they can apply to update a Wiki.

Thanks,
John

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 02 Jul 2012

Hi John,

Thank you for your post. However, I don't know what more I could post to explain how to edit the wiki in addition to the following section that's already on the front page of the wiki.

>>How It Works<<

Just like regular Wikipedia, MCWiki articles will have fact-based content, and users can edit pages. Our staff will look over recent changes, and maintain integrity of the content.

Community editors are welcome to help. This tool is for our users, and it's only as good as the content you help us create. To combat spam, only authorized users can make changes to the Wiki. If you want to be a contributor, please send a request to support@multicharts.com with your Wiki login, and we will authorize the userID to make changes.

Wiki Editing CheatSheet shows basic tags to edit content. To Edit a page, simply click Edit in the top right-hand corner. Choose Show Preview after adding content, and if everything looks good, click Save.

Maybe I'm missing something? Seems pretty straight-forward.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 02 Jul 2012

Hi Stan,
Wiki Editing CheatSheet shows basic tags to edit content. To Edit a page, simply click Edit in the top right-hand corner. Choose Show Preview after adding content, and if everything looks good, click Save.
I must have missed this part (not sure why). This is what the users need to see. Maybe others missed it too. I will check it out (hopefully this weekend).

Thanks,
John

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 02 Jul 2012

Hi John,

Thanks. Looking forward to it. Hopefully others will chime in as well as time goes on.

Return to “MultiCharts”