MC and Collective2

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Roumeau

MC and Collective2

Postby Roumeau » 18 Nov 2010

Hi, and thank you for your wonderful software, I tried many trading system makers, and I had to say that MC is the best!

I've got one question about Collective2. Will be there a solution to connect stategies in MC and Collective2 account (in order to sell systems).
I search on the web, and there is a "solution" from Big Mike Trading but it is very complicated (creation of a function, got to put code on each strategies + wget software, achhh)

Is a in-built solution is planned? It will be so cool!

Thanks.

Nicolas.

Dave Masalov

Re: MC and Collective2

Postby Dave Masalov » 19 Nov 2010

Dear Nicolas,

Thank you for your kind words. We plan to implement Collective2 connection some time next year.

LMC

Postby LMC » 20 Dec 2010

Dave,

According to Collective2's instruction, NT just treats Collective2 as one of the brokers to send trade signals to, plus some simple set-up for the instrument to trade beforehand. And that is ALL !
Sounds to me it will be just a piece of cake to develop, for a technology leader like MC !
Come on, speed up your development !

LMC

NothingDone

Postby NothingDone » 05 Sep 2011

Dear Nicolas,

Thank you for your kind words. We plan to implement Collective2 connection some time next year.
Dave,

Any status updates on connecting MC and Collective2?

Thanks in advance

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 12 Sep 2011

NothingDone,

We plan to implement Collective2 support in the future, unfortunately there is no ETA at the moment.

rjelles

Postby rjelles » 26 Jun 2012

Hi Dave,

We're about to release a new add-on for MultiCharts that links Collective2 with MC 8 Easylanguage based indicators or signals (see attached diagram for overview). It's very easy to use and enables real-time order management with C2. A set of Easylanguage wrapper functions are provided that just need to be inserted in to your code (eg. C2GetPosition, C2NewSignal, C2MoveStopLoss, etc.) and a single Windows service manages all of the interaction with C2 for all of the C2 enabled strategies on your system.

Anyone who might be interested to beta test the system can either email me at rje@traderscience.com or register at the web site www.traderscience.com to download the free trial.

Thanks!

Jeff Ellestad
Attachments
c2InterLink_diagram5.jpg
TraderScience C2InterLink for MC 8 overview
(28.04 KiB) Downloaded 1362 times

jaikumarm

Postby jaikumarm » 15 Feb 2013

I have been looking into this recently and wanted to ask if there was an ETA for this, or does MC or other users suggest any 3rd party tool do this. thanks.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 Feb 2013

Hello jaikumarm,

I believe Jeff has already answered your question above.
Anyone who might be interested to beta test the system can either email me at rje@traderscience.com or register at the web site http://www.traderscience.com to download the free trial.

rjelles

Postby rjelles » 20 Feb 2013

Hi jaikumarm:

The StrategyXtender at TraderScience works with MC.Net and the MultiCharts 8, and includes a simple API to integrate C2 with your own strategies. But to make it easier to integrate, I'll be releasing a new indicator called "C2Slave" that can be added to any chart, and it will simply follow your own strategy positions for each chart and send the required signals to C2 without any further programming. If you would like to test it, I can send you an eval link in a few days with the updated package. A zip file with some screen snapshots is attached in the meantime.

thanks,

Jeff
Attachments
tsC2Slave.zip
StrategyXtender + C2Slave indicator
(143.13 KiB) Downloaded 200 times

gpw797

Postby gpw797 » 12 Mar 2017

NothingDone,

We plan to implement Collective2 support in the future, unfortunately there is no ETA at the moment.

The 3rd party solution costs more than Multicharts, so hardly a good "solution". Has Multicharts abandoned supporting Collective2 trade signal integration? An integrated solution is always preferable to add on software.

rjelles

Postby rjelles » 13 Mar 2017

The pricing for our StrategyXtender product tries to balance the limited market size for C2 trade publishers using MC vs the development and support costs. The benefits of using StrategyXtender allow you to write strategies without any code changes to support reliable networking, order management, and position synchronization with C2. We'll be providing a "express" version on our website in the near future that will be priced much lower, with support for one system at C2, perhaps this will help.

Return to “MultiCharts”