More documentation would be very helpful

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
mno

More documentation would be very helpful

Postby mno » 06 Jul 2012

Hello,

Wiki is helpful to some degree but I find Wiki to be a a search engine looking into threads instead of having its own page of description, examples, etc. of searched item and the downloadable .chm / .pdf help files to be outdated. Or am I missing something?

There are lot of new functions, reserved words, MC specific Powerlangauge but I cannot find any documents or help files that contain the latest in a organized, searchable format. For example, if I want to see a official description (besides user's comments, experience, etc) of "lastbaronchart_s", where can I find some information on these besides looking into threads? I often find myself having to look for simple definitions of functions, reserved words, and their usage in user q/a type threads like here and trying to debug what, who is talking about even before I understand what the they are suppose to do.. very difficult to do and non-intuitive - at least for me.

Maybe, something like this is what I am referring to:

http://help.TS.com/08_08/tsde ... elword.htm

Thanks much,
mno

JoshM

Re: More documentation would be very helpful

Postby JoshM » 06 Jul 2012

I often find myself having to look for simple definitions of functions, reserved words, and their usage in user q/a type threads like here and trying to debug what, who is talking about even before I understand what the they are suppose to do.. very difficult to do and non-intuitive - at least for me.
The PowerLanguage reserved words can be found here in the wiki, and in the PowerLanguage editor you can also place the cursor (" | ") in a reserved word and press F1 to look up the help file of that word.

However, for the functions there is no documentation and I agree with you this is annoying. It's indeed possible to open functions and look at the code directly, but no comments are used and the variable names are non-descriptive.

Btw, if you do a google search for "lastbaronchart site:http://help.TS.com/" you can find help on it on the TS site. On this page you can download a pdf with the EasyLanguage functions so that you can search that file when off-line. Again, courtesy of TS. :)

Return to “MultiCharts”