Indicator "Market Depth on Chart" on Custom Futures  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ducktail

Indicator "Market Depth on Chart" on Custom Futures

Postby ducktail » 26 Jun 2012

Hi,

The indicator --- Market Depth on Chart --- indicates DOM very well on individual contract(e.g. ESU2, CLQ2). It is very useful. However, this indicator doesn't indicate DOM on Custom Futures. Please let me know how to solve this issue.

My data feed and broker is Interactive Brokers.
MC 8.0 x64 build 5622

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Indicator "Market Depth on Chart" on Custom Futures

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Jun 2012

Hello Ducktail,

We are investigating this issue.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Jun 2012

"Market Depth on Chart" indicator was not originally designed to work with a Custom Futures instruments.

ducktail

Postby ducktail » 29 Jun 2012

"Market Depth on Chart" indicator was not originally designed to work with a Custom Futures instruments.
Henry,

Thanks for your reply.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 12 Jul 2012

It's not related to the "Market Depth on Chart" indicator from what I know. Apparently the DOM PowerLanguage reserved words aren't designed to work at all on Custom Futures.

That's disappointing since InsideBid and InsideAsk work correctly on custom futures, so technically it's already possibly to connect the custom future ES behind the screens to the ESU2 contract and return these values.

Are there any plans to make the DOM PowerLanguage reserved words workable on Custom Futures?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 12 Jul 2012

It's not related to the "Market Depth on Chart" indicator from what I know. Apparently the DOM PowerLanguage reserved words aren't designed to work at all on Custom Futures.

That's disappointing since InsideBid and InsideAsk work correctly on custom futures, so technically it's already possibly to connect the custom future ES behind the screens to the ESU2 contract and return these values.

Are there any plans to make the DOM PowerLanguage reserved words workable on Custom Futures?
Hello JoshM,

"Market Depth on Chart" indicator and DOM PowerLanguage reserved words are related and they were not designed to work with Custom Futures.

You may want to submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 12 Jul 2012

"Market Depth on Chart" indicator and DOM PowerLanguage reserved words are related and they were not designed to work with Custom Futures.
I was quite happy to learn that the DOM can (finally) now referenced through PowerLanguage. But now it doesn't work on Custom Futures, so I can't use it for automated trading, since after a future roll-over a Custom Future is needed to have correct historical data.

Anyway, I can complain more about it, but that won't change it. :) The feature request is here to vote for:

ABC

Postby ABC » 12 Jul 2012

Would it be possible to make the DOM reserved words available not only for broker data, but for other data providers as well at the same time? That would be great as the quality of data might be better and via symbol mapping you can trade on the broker symbol then.

Thanks,
ABC

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Indicator "Market Depth on Chart" on Custom Futures  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 02 Jul 2014

Would it be possible to make the DOM reserved words available not only for broker data, but for other data providers as well at the same time? That would be great as the quality of data might be better and via symbol mapping you can trade on the broker symbol then.
Hello ABC,

Unfortunately that is not technically possible at the moment.
I was quite happy to learn that the DOM can (finally) now referenced through PowerLanguage. But now it doesn't work on Custom Futures, so I can't use it for automated trading, since after a future roll-over a Custom Future is needed to have correct historical data.

Anyway, I can complain more about it, but that won't change it. :) The feature request is here to vote for:
Hello JoshM,

This feature will be implemented in MultiCharts 9.0 Beta 2

Return to “MultiCharts”