Attaching exit strategy to positions in multiple instruments

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Traderji

Attaching exit strategy to positions in multiple instruments

Postby Traderji » 23 Jul 2012

On a EURUSD chart I opened a position and attached a Master Strategy template to that position. So far so good.

Then on that same window I switched the instrument to AUDUSD and placed a limit order. When I attempted to attach my master strategy to that order I get the following error message in the log

"Multiple MTS strategies or MTS and common Exit-strategies cannot be simultaneously attached to the same base object (order or position). Only the first selected MTS strategy will be apllied to a base object that does not already have a strategy attached."

So on the same chart window I cannot switch instruments and use exit strategies? I have to open a new window every time I trade a different instrument?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Attaching exit strategy to positions in multiple instrum

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 23 Jul 2012

Hello Traderji,

Orders are applied to the open position/submitted entry order that you have for the particular instrument. Orders from multiple charts cannot be mixed. That is possible to change the instrument on the chart and have separate positions and exit orders for both instruments without creating separate charts.

Please attach full-size screenshots of your charts demonstrating this behavior (all attached orders should be seen).

You can also come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 4 pm EST to demonstrate this behavior. We will do our best to help you.

Traderji

Postby Traderji » 23 Jul 2012

Hi Henry

I don't know what you will see in screenshots other than what I have already described but I'll give it a go.

I have uploaded the screenshots here

http://imgur.com/a/lCvYc

In the first screenshot, the chart window is set to EURUSD. I place a Sell limit order and attach a master strategy. You can see on the chart the various components of the strategy like Breakeven and trail stop order are displayed on the screen.

In the second screenshot, I have changed the chart to AUDUSD. Again I place Sell Limit order. This time when I attempt to attach my strategy I get the following error message -

"Multiple MTS strategies or MTS and common Exit-strategies cannot be simultaneously attached to the same base object (order or position). Only the first selected MTS strategy will be apllied to a base object that does not already have a strategy attached."

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 Jul 2012

We were unable to reproduce this behavior in our environment.
Please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 4 pm EST to demonstrate it.
We will do our best to help you.

Return to “MultiCharts”