Logic for Multi timeseries signals

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
buylosellhi

Logic for Multi timeseries signals

Postby buylosellhi » 26 Jun 2012

Hi,
I have a quick question. Signals are evaluated at the end of the bar unless IOG is selected. But how does it work for multi-series signal scripts ?
lets say my base chart is on a 3-tick Renko and I add another series which is 5-tick Renko. For most bars the 'End of Bar' for 3-tick Renko and 5-tick Renko would be different.
So are the signals evaluated for end of bars for 3-tick and 5-tick Renko ? or just end of bar for 3-tick (base series) ?
Hope I'm clear in what I'm asking. Thanks in advance for your help

Roman MultiCharts

Re: Logic for Multi timeseries signals

Postby Roman MultiCharts » 25 Jul 2012

Hello buylosellhi,

Calculation of a study based on several data series can be done in two ways. Realtime-History Matching option allows selection of calculation type:

1. When Realtime-history matching option is enabled the signal/indicator is calculated on the latest bar of the main data series and on the currently completed bar of the auxiliary data series. If the auxiliary data series stops updating, the final calculation will be made on the main data series bar that was received immediately after the latest bar of the auxiliary data series. In this case no further calculation will be performed.

2. When Realtime-history matching option is disabled the signal/indicator is calculated on the basis of the main data series latest bar and current (completed or not) bar of the auxiliary data series. If the auxiliary data series stops updating, the calculation will continue on the basis of the latest bar of the main data series and the open bar of the auxiliary data series.

For more information, please visit this article of our MC Wiki.

buylosellhi

Re: Logic for Multi timeseries signals

Postby buylosellhi » 25 Jul 2012

Roman. thanks for your reply.

Return to “MultiCharts”