Load instrument B in subchart by default?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
kleff

Load instrument B in subchart by default?

Postby kleff » 05 Aug 2012

Hello,

After spending quite some time this afternoon researching my issue without any progress, I figured it was time to create a topic.

I'm currently putting together a strategy using two different instruments. One is the trading issue, while the second instrument, B, is for confirmation on a lower time frame. I've got the coding done and it works well, but it's the execution that suffers.

Like a study template, I would like the second instrument B to load up by default in the chart window when going through different trading issues from the market scanner, but somehow I can't seems to figure it out.

As of now it seems as if I have to insert it manually before applying my signal, which is a bit tiresome. :-)

I'm on MultiCharts 8.0 (Build 5620).

Thanks

TJ

Re: Load instrument B in subchart by default?

Postby TJ » 05 Aug 2012

Hello,

After spending quite some time this afternoon researching my issue without any progress, I figured it was time to create a topic.

I'm currently putting together a strategy using two different instruments. One is the trading issue, while the second instrument, B, is for confirmation on a lower time frame. I've got the coding done and it works well, but it's the execution that suffers.

Like a study template, I would like the second instrument B to load up by default in the chart window when going through different trading issues from the market scanner, but somehow I can't seems to figure it out.

As of now it seems as if I have to insert it manually before applying my signal, which is a bit tiresome. :-)

I'm on MultiCharts 8.0 (Build 5620).

Thanks
For MultiCharts (non .net version),
you must have the instrument loaded on a chart in order to perform analysis on that instrument.

kleff

Postby kleff » 06 Aug 2012

Thanks for the reply, TJ.

After a bit of luck stumbling upon "ADE" thanks to evdl's thread, it seems like viable tool to solve my issue. The signal could read the data from a seperate chart in the background without any need of data2.

TJ

Re: Load instrument B in subchart by default?  [SOLVED]

Postby TJ » 06 Aug 2012

Thanks for the reply, TJ.

After a bit of luck stumbling upon "ADE" thanks to evdl's thread, it seems like viable tool to solve my issue. The signal could read the data from a seperate chart in the background without any need of data2.
That's correct, the second instrument does not have to be data2 of the same chart, it just have to be loaded on a chart in order for MultiCharts to perform analysis on that instrument.

You can also use GlobalVariables, with is already installed with your MultiCharts.

kleff

Postby kleff » 06 Aug 2012

Yes, I was considering that, but as I don't use any real time data for the moment it messes up my chart. I'd like to go back in time and see how the signal behaves :-)

Return to “MultiCharts”