LMAX order entry  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Traderji

LMAX order entry

Postby Traderji » 20 Aug 2012

While trading spot forex on LMAX how do I enter a micro lot ($1000) order via chart trader?

It seems the chart trader order entry for LMAX is in number of contracts, so order of 1 means 1 contract that $10,000. The chart trader will not allow 0.1 in the size entry.

This behaviour is different to trading on MB Trading where the size entry refers to the actual dollar size of the lot, so 1000 means $1000 lot. Is there any way to standardize this so it's not confusing when you are connected to multiple brokers at the same time?

Also again the instrument definition for LMAX instruments does not work out of the box. You have to change the big value for the number of ticks to display correctly in the PnL window.

JoshM

Re: LMAX order entry

Postby JoshM » 20 Aug 2012

While trading spot forex on LMAX how do I enter a micro lot ($1000) order via chart trader?

It seems the chart trader order entry for LMAX is in number of contracts, so order of 1 means 1 contract that $10,000. The chart trader will not allow 0.1 in the size entry.
That true. If you want to trade fractional lots, you'll have to do that manually through the LMAX web-interface. You can pop-out an order ticket/box with their website, so you can place it alongside MultiCharts, but yes, it's far from perfect.
This behaviour is different to trading on MB Trading where the size entry refers to the actual dollar size of the lot, so 1000 means $1000 lot. Is there any way to standardize this so it's not confusing when you are connected to multiple brokers at the same time?
Not that I'm aware off. Perhaps an overfill protection for the Chart Trader would be a good idea.

Traderji

Postby Traderji » 20 Aug 2012

That true. If you want to trade fractional lots, you'll have to do that manually through the LMAX web-interface. You can pop-out an order ticket/box with their website, so you can place it alongside MultiCharts, but yes, it's far from perfect.
Not that I'm aware off. Perhaps an overfill protection for the Chart Trader would be a good idea.

Thanks for the answers Josh.

@Multicharts Team - Any plans to remove this limitation on LMAX order entry?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 Aug 2012

Hello Traderji,

We are considering such improvement.

Emmanuel

Postby Emmanuel » 23 Aug 2012

Hi

I need this improvement as well

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 23 Aug 2012

I'm also looking forward to such an improvement. Please remove this limitation from MultiCharts. :)

fibfisherman

Postby fibfisherman » 23 Aug 2012

I would also really like to see this feature implemented!

Thanks

Nicolas23

Postby Nicolas23 » 24 Aug 2012

I vote for it too!

Thanks,

Nicolas

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 30 Aug 2012

@Multicharts Team - Any plans to remove this limitation on LMAX order entry?
We are considering such improvement.
Henry, can you give an update on this 'consideration'? Can this be expected to be implemented in the near future (<= 6 months)?

LMAX themselves were a little evasive of my yes/no question about this:
Will fractional lots become available for auto trading through MultiCharts?
Currently the minimum trade that can be made and will be reflected on MultiCharts is 1 LMAX contract (10,000 notional). Micro lots are not currently available on LMAX MultiCharts.
Quite diplomatic, but not very informative.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 31 Aug 2012

Henry, can you give an update on this 'consideration'? Can this be expected to be implemented in the near future (<= 6 months)?
Josh, it will be implemented in the nearest future, expected in less then 6 months.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 31 Aug 2012

Josh, it will be implemented in the nearest future, expected in less then 6 months.
That's great! Thanks MultiCharts. :)

eto

Postby eto » 27 Mar 2013

hi,

can someone confirm.. is it fixed now with MC 8.5 ?

is it now if i put 10 contract means 10 lot which equal to $10 dollar in Lmax ?

Thanks.

Zoli

Re: LMAX order entry  [SOLVED]

Postby Zoli » 28 Mar 2013

Hi Eto,

Currently 1 contract = 1.000 units, so 10 contracts = $1/pip.

eto

Postby eto » 28 Mar 2013

hi Zoli..

Can I say also 1 contract = $0.10/pip ?

Zoli

Postby Zoli » 28 Mar 2013

Hi Eto,

Yes, 1 contract in MC equals 0.1 contract in LMAX webtrader, in other words it is a 'micro lot' worth 0.1 usd/pip.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”