Real-Time Market Scanner, more than 1 instrument per line.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
KhaosTrader

Real-Time Market Scanner, more than 1 instrument per line.

Postby KhaosTrader » 25 Aug 2012

Hi,

As you know, I can put several instruments on a given chart. I want to write an indicator that will use two instruments, or perhaps one instrument with two different time frames, and put this indicator on the Real-Time Market scanner. However I cant figure out (if it is possible) to enter two resolutions in a given line of Market Scanner, or to put in two different instruments (like a sub instrument) in a single line for the real-time market scanner.

JoshM

Re: Real-Time Market Scanner, more than 1 instrument per lin

Postby JoshM » 25 Aug 2012

As far as I know, this can't be done, unless you use ADE. That way you can have another symbol (which you intend to use as data2) sending data to your symbol in the Market Scanner (which would then be data1).

Or instrument 1 in the market scanner can send its data to instrument 2, and vice versa, with ADE, but I don't know of a way to put two instruments on one Market Scanner line.

KhaosTrader

Postby KhaosTrader » 25 Aug 2012

Josh,

Thanks for your help and input.

What I did was create an indicator that i can put in the market scanner and by using that I can get some values on different time frames. I just loop through the bars and construct a higher time frame.

The problem is though, that it seems that indicators on the market scanner dont "pull bar data" nearly as well as if they were on a chart. I went to properties of the instrument and checked "use custom date range" and selected 400 bars back, but I dont think the data has been populated in the market scanner or something. Because it doesnt seem to be able to access bars deep in the past, as it would if I had it on a chart.

Any ideas?

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 27 Aug 2012

An indicator applied to a data series in Market Scanner should be able to use all requested data (excluding maxbarsback value). Example: number of bars is 100, maxbarsback = 50, current bar number (barnumber keyword) would be 51.

Return to “MultiCharts”