Application wide object/indicator  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
holya

Application wide object/indicator

Postby holya » 05 Sep 2012

Is it possible to have an indicator which is accessible throughout the application? For example an indicator which analyzes an index and makes its properties availble to all other indicators in the application. This would be very powerful as you notice.

Dru

Re: Application wide object/indicator

Postby Dru » 06 Sep 2012

Is it possible to have an indicator which is accessible throughout the application? For example an indicator which analyzes an index and makes its properties availble to all other indicators in the application. This would be very powerful as you notice.
If your question is "how can I share data between two or more indicators in one MultiCharts.exe process" then try to search "singleton", "global variable".

holya

Postby holya » 06 Sep 2012

Thank you for the reply. But the question still remains. Where can I declare the indicator? If I declare this class in every indicator that needs it, it would be very inefficient.

Dru

Re: Application wide object/indicator  [SOLVED]

Postby Dru » 07 Sep 2012

Thank you for the reply. But the question still remains. Where can I declare the indicator? If I declare this class in every indicator that needs it, it would be very inefficient.
All indicators & signals are compiled into one assembly.
You can declare any class in any indicator or signal and this class will be visible and accessible from any indicator or signal

holya

Postby holya » 07 Sep 2012

Oh really? That I had no idea about! Thank you very much.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”