Visual Studio  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
JackR

Visual Studio

Postby JackR » 01 Aug 2012

I see you are emphasizing the use of Visual Studio with MC .NET.

Do we need Visual Studio or will Visual Studio Express work as well?

Jack

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Visual Studio  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 02 Aug 2012

Hello Jack,

Visual Studio Express will work as well. Make sure you have C# component installed.

Stan Bokov

Re: Visual Studio

Postby Stan Bokov » 02 Aug 2012

You can use any IDE that you like, but we emphasize usage of Visual Studio because it's a professional tool and we created a very tight integration. You can see the details in the intro video here https://www.multicharts.com/multicharts/help/videos/.

RobertL

Postby RobertL » 10 Sep 2012

It might sound like a newbie question, but could anyone let me know how to add MC executable for debug purpose in the free Visual C# 2010 Express? Many thanks.

Emmanuel

Postby Emmanuel » 10 Sep 2012

Hi Robert,

Once you started, MC .NET and the Powerlanguage editor :

- Start VS through the Powerlanguage editor.

- in VS menu, select tools then "Attach Process" ,

- Select MC .NET in the list , then click attach.

Then in VS you can open an indicator, put a breakpoint on it.

As soon as you add this indicator MC .NET , it will hit the breakpoint....in VS ..

I hope this will help

Emmanuel

RobertL

Postby RobertL » 11 Sep 2012

Hi Emmanuel,

Thank you for your reply. The problems is that in Visual C# 2010 "EXPRESS" there is no such option under tools as "Attach Process". I wonder if there is another way to do it in the Express version or do I need to acquire the Professional version?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 Sep 2012

Hi Emmanuel,

Thank you for your reply. The problems is that in Visual C# 2010 "EXPRESS" there is no such option under tools as "Attach Process". I wonder if there is another way to do it in the Express version or do I need to acquire the Professional version?
Source:The ability to attach the debugger to an already-running process has also been removed...

For Visual C# "EXPRESS" 2008 there is a workaround. In the attached archive you can find the solutions for VS2008.
These solutions would work if MultiCharts .Net is installed to the default installation directory. If it is installed to any other location-follow this guide.

You need to unpack the solutions. Then start the one you need (32 bit or 64 bit) while MultiCharts is closed.
In the Studio press F5-that will start MultiCharts and automatically attach to it.
Then you need to open the study code in studio, set the breakpoints, apply your study to the chart and debug it. If breakpoints do not work-you need to open PowerLanguage .Net editor and recompile the study in it.

!NOTE:This workaround does not work for Visual C# "EXPRESS" 2010
Attachments
Solutions.zip
(9.03 KiB) Downloaded 337 times

RobertL

Postby RobertL » 11 Sep 2012

Hi Henry,

Many thanks.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”