Opening Range Indicator  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
olobay

Opening Range Indicator

Postby olobay » 14 Sep 2012

I was wondering if anybody had an indicator that plotted the high of a certain range of time intraday as well as the low. This indicator would plot 2 horizontal lines, one at the high the other at the low from the price action between 9:30am-10:00am. Does anybody have anything like this indicator? I don't believe it would be very complicated but my coding skills are nil. Thanks.

KhaosTrader

Re: Opening Range Indicator

Postby KhaosTrader » 14 Sep 2012

Assuming you are trading 5 min chart...

On your five min chart, also put in a 30 min chart, but hide the price bars on the 30 min instrument. Then you can use easylanguage time function to determine if the current bar is finishing at 10am, if it is you draw a trendline from the high and low of that bar, and u extended it to the end of the day.

JoshM

Re: Opening Range Indicator  [SOLVED]

Postby JoshM » 22 Sep 2012

I was wondering if anybody had an indicator that plotted the high of a certain range of time intraday as well as the low. This indicator would plot 2 horizontal lines, one at the high the other at the low from the price action between 9:30am-10:00am. Does anybody have anything like this indicator? I don't believe it would be very complicated but my coding skills are nil. Thanks.
It's not very complicated. See the attached openings range indicator for an example; this indicator plots lines for the openingsrange plus text boxes with the high, low, and midpoint value.
Attachments
openingsRangeIndicator.txt
(4.55 KiB) Downloaded 1194 times
openingsRangeIndicator.pla
(13.05 KiB) Downloaded 890 times

BC_Trading

Postby BC_Trading » 08 Dec 2016

Hi Guys,

did someone tried a opening range breakout based on volume generated bars? For Example the ES with a avg daily volume around 2 million contracts. I created a chart in Multicharts with 5000 Contract Bars and used the first 4 bars of the trading session as my opening range. On the first sight this looks promising. Is it possible to code an Indicator based on the volume instead of time?

Greetings

ABC

Postby ABC » 08 Dec 2016

BC_Trading,

in case of volume bars you can simply count a number of bars for your opening range. This will likely be simpler than using the volume directly.

Regards,

ABC

BC_Trading

Postby BC_Trading » 08 Dec 2016

@ABC Sometimes it`s so easy ;-)

Peperu322

Postby Peperu322 » 29 Apr 2022

Hello,

Thank you for posting this indicator.

I've played with it a bit and facing an issue.

I have two studies, one on subChart1 in 5m with base data1 and for example 9:30 to 9:35 as Open Range and another one on subChart2 with base data2 and Open Ragane 9:30 to 9:45. Both Open Ranges are displayed on their respective charts, so all good.

My aim is to have a 15m OPR lines shown on a 5m chart.

I've tried having the second study set on subChart1 with base data2 to have the 15m Open Range but it still shows on SubChart2.

Any clues?

Thank you

Return to “MultiCharts”