AutoHotKey and MacroExpress won't work

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
plaforte

AutoHotKey and MacroExpress won't work

Postby plaforte » 19 Sep 2012

Hi,

I have been trying all day to automate some of my processes in MC with AutoHotKey and MacroExpress products. I could not get anything to work it seems that MC does not allow other applications to work simultaneously.

Has anybody been successful in recording key strokes or mouse clicks in MC through such software ? Is there a trick to get it done ?

Thank you

Dave Masalov

Re: AutoHotKey and MacroExpress won't work

Postby Dave Masalov » 19 Sep 2012

Hello plaforte,

We have not tested such configuration. You may want to use the built-in Keyboard Shortcuts feature: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... _Shortcuts

arjfca

Postby arjfca » 19 Sep 2012

Hi,

I have been trying all day to automate some of my processes in MC with AutoHotKey and MacroExpress products. I could not get anything to work it seems that MC does not allow other applications to work simultaneously.

Has anybody been successful in recording key strokes or mouse clicks in MC through such software ? Is there a trick to get it done ?

Thank you
Hello

Your best bet will be to contact the AutoHotKey forum. If I recall, you need to specify the handle to address Multicharts.

I'm not an expert so I prefer to lead you in the direction of where you will get an answer

Good luck

Martin

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 22 Sep 2012

I am not an ME expert by any stretch but I have been able to get MacroExpress (ME) to do a few things with MC.

1/size and position chart windows if they are detached from MC.

2/ I have had ME run some of the menu options. You get ME to activate te MC window basically then simply get MacroExpress to record your keystrokes. You need to get the delay commands correct in MacroExpress (especially if it involves opening any form of window in MC such as a drop down menu of commands to select. This function I did not bother using much since I already have my database program doing most of the keystroke sends. I just wanted to see if it would run better.

I can not see why there would be any problem. You have to make sure you do not activate any other window with your mouse while it is running.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 22 Sep 2012

I could not get anything to work it seems that MC does not allow other applications to work simultaneously.

Like Martin says, AutoHotKey works fine with MultiCharts.

I'm not sure what you mean with that MC doesn't allow other applications to work simultaneously. As I read it, you're saying that MC doesn't allow other Windows programs to work when MC is running - and that's not true.

Regarding the 'trick' question, I don't know what kind of trick you mean, since you didn't said where you are stuck.

Return to “MultiCharts”