TS ELD files can be imported and used in MultiChar  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
steve3656

TS ELD files can be imported and used in MultiChar

Postby steve3656 » 25 Sep 2012

Can anyone explain how to import TS 8.7 ELD indicators into Multichart, the video link below no longer works
thanks
-------------------------

2) MultiCharts is highly compatible with EasyLanguage. TS ELD files can be imported and used in MultiCharts. Click the link below to see a video tutorial on how to import studies into MultiCharts http://www.tssupport.com/multicharts/tu ... tudies.htm

TJ

Re: TS ELD files can be imported and used in Multi

Postby TJ » 25 Sep 2012

Can anyone explain how to import TS 8.7 ELD indicators into Multichart, the video link below no longer works
thanks
-------------------------

2) MultiCharts is highly compatible with EasyLanguage. TS ELD files can be imported and used in MultiCharts. Click the link below to see a video tutorial on how to import studies into MultiCharts http://www.tssupport.com/multicharts/tu ... tudies.htm
Just click on the ELD file and it will be automatically opened in MultiCharts' PowerLanguage Editor.
You can then compile it and run it in MultiCharts.

Note: If the ELD is encrypted, you will have to send it to MultiCharts.

steve3656

hi TJ
Thanks very much, I never realized that MC was so similar to TS, even the color of the chart and the black background color is the same, this is really Great.
If I am running the free software with my broker, do you know if I will have the ability to import my ELD indicators or is that only available with the paid version
steve

steve3656

hi TJ
Actually, I have just downloaded the demo version but did not see an option to import ELD

TJ

Postby TJ » 25 Sep 2012

hi TJ
Thanks very much, I never realized that MC was so similar to TS, even the color of the chart and the black background color is the same, this is really Great.
If I am running the free software with my broker, do you know if I will have the ability to import my ELD indicators or is that only available with the paid version
steve
Save your indicator as an ELD file in your computer.
From the File Explorer, just click on the ELD file and it will be automatically IMPORTED into MultiCharts' PowerLanguage Editor.
You can then click on the "Compile" key, and it will run in MultiCharts.

TJ

Postby TJ » 25 Sep 2012

hi TJ
Actually, I have just downloaded the demo version but did not see an option to import ELD
Are you referring to FXCM's demo?

If you have downloaded the software from here, that is not a handicapped demo, it is a FULL version with all the abilities and functionalities as the paid MultiCharts. The only difference is, the trial version is time-limited.

steve3656

I downloaded MC from AMP trading, but did not see the functions to import the ELD indicators from TS, it seems to be the complete version that will expire in 30 days. Which tab controls the import function

TJ

Postby TJ » 25 Sep 2012

I downloaded MC from AMP trading, but did not see the functions to import the ELD indicators from TS, it seems to be the complete version that will expire in 30 days. Which tab controls the import function
I have never used the AMP version.
I don't know if there is any difference.

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 26 Sep 2012

If you are talking about MultiCharts Descretionary Trader provided by AMP (CQG data), it is free, has no trial and has no option to import/create/edit/export studies, because it is free cut version of MC.

If you have regular MC (you can see 30 days or less of trial when you start it), you should run PowerLanguage Editor (MultiCharts: File -> New PowerLanguage Editor) and follow this instruction: how to import/export studies

steve3656

Postby steve3656 » 23 Oct 2012

hi Andrew
I would like to try the regular 30 day version of MC, the AMP version as you stated does not have the ability to run Power Language Editor, where is the link for the regular version.
Do you also know if CQG API is compatible with both your 32 and 64 bit version, I already have CQG API installed, is it necessary to delete it before installing your trial version

I would also like to know if its possible to pay for the rental of MC on a monthly basis instead of quarterly because I am planning to rent after the trial period is over.
thanks

steve3656

Postby steve3656 » 24 Oct 2012

I posted a few questions 24 hours ago but received no response, I am just wondering if I need to post a new thread to get a reply.
Anyhow since I did not hear from anyone, I downloaded the free trial demo, AMP gave me the log in details but the trial indicates that it will expire in 13 days, not 30, I am just wondering why

TJ

Postby TJ » 24 Oct 2012

hi Andrew
I would like to try the regular 30 day version of MC, the AMP version as you stated does not have the ability to run Power Language Editor, where is the link for the regular version
thanks
https://www.multicharts.com/free-trading-software/

steve3656

hi TJ
Thanks very much, now do I have to delete the program and reinstall it again from this link to get the 30 days, because the one I downloaded is only offering me 12 days ,
Regarding the monthly lease, is it possible to lease it on a monthly basis instead of quarterly. I am not totally familiar with the program yet since I have been using NT with AMP, so I dont want to totally commit myself yet to a long term lease
thanks

TJ

Postby TJ » 24 Oct 2012

hi TJ
Thanks very much, now do I have to delete the program and reinstall it again from this link to get the 30 days, because the one I downloaded is only offering me 12 days ,
Regarding the monthly lease, is it possible to lease it on a monthly basis instead of quarterly. I am not totally familiar with the program yet since I have been using NT with AMP, so I dont want to totally commit myself yet to a long term lease
thanks
I don't think you need to delete the other program.
If you get less than 30 days, you can always ask tech support to reset it for you.

Regarding the lease, you have to speak to the sales department for any special arrangement.

Enjoy your trial, I think you will enjoy it so much that you won't bother with the lease. It is better to just buy it outright.

steve3656

TJ
Thanks very much for your excellent customer support, so far its great and what I like about MC so far is that it reminds me of TS and all the indicators are compatible.
Is it possible to adjust the charts so that it does not continue into the right axle, behind the prices, I often times have to move the scroll bar so that I can see the current prices, is there a automatic settings that will stop the chart from advancing a few inches fro the vertical price bar

TJ

Postby TJ » 24 Oct 2012

TJ
Thanks very much for your excellent customer support,
I am not a MultiCharts staff, I am a user just like you.
so far its great and what I like about MC so far is that it reminds me of TS and all the indicators are compatible.
Is it possible to adjust the charts so that it does not continue into the right axle, behind the prices, I often times have to move the scroll bar so that I can see the current prices, is there a automatic settings that will stop the chart from advancing a few inches fro the vertical price bar
Do you mean you want some white spaces between the last bar and the right edge?

Right click on the chart,

Format Window > X-Time Scale > Chart Shift:

steve3656

Yes that is exactly correct, the default settings is 20% on the chart shift, but it still trades into the price bar and continues if I am away from the screen, do I need to increase that number?

TJ

Postby TJ » 24 Oct 2012

Yes that is exactly correct, the default settings is 20% on the chart shift, but it still trades into the price bar and continues if I am away from the screen, do I need to increase that number?
Make sure the slider on the bottom of the chart is moved all the way to the right.

steve3656

Yes the clider on the scroll bar is all the way to the right, but my question is I need to do this manually as prices advance, I wanted to know if there was an automatic settings that would stop the prices from continuing behind the axle where the price is located, as you said a few inches of white space. Even with the scroll bar all the way to the right the cart still advances and does not stop

TJ

Postby TJ » 25 Oct 2012

Yes the clider on the scroll bar is all the way to the right, but my question is I need to do this manually as prices advance, I wanted to know if there was an automatic settings that would stop the prices from continuing behind the axle where the price is located, as you said a few inches of white space. Even with the scroll bar all the way to the right the cart still advances and does not stop
If the slider is all the way to the right, the chart will scroll automatically and always leave a 20% white space on the chart.

Maybe I do not understand your problem.
Can you post a screenshot of your chart? and write some notes on the chart to describe what do you think is not working?

steve3656

Postby steve3656 » 25 Oct 2012

okay give me a few minutes, I will send you a image before and one after it advances

steve3656

the market is very quiet now but look at chart 1, you will see the space between the chart and the price window, look at chart2, this is what happens after a few minutes when the market is very busy, the chart disappears behind the price window
http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/1mzG ... FLw2uK8U9g

TJ

Postby TJ » 25 Oct 2012

the market is very quiet now but look at chart 1, you will see the space between the chart and the price window, look at chart2, this is what happens after a few minutes when the market is very busy, the chart disappears behind the price window
You have to contact tech support tomorrow. They can hook up to your computer and take a look.

steve3656

Thanks very much I appreciate all your efforts to help, its not a big deal really,, I just have to move the scroll bar manually during market hours when volatility increases.
I will chat with you again tomorrow--bye for now

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: TS ELD files can be imported and used in Multi  [SOLVED]

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 25 Oct 2012

If Chart Shift parameter is set to 0 and you can reproduce the situation shown on the first screenshot, please come to our live chat to let us connect to your PC remotely and investigate the issue.

steve3656

Postby steve3656 » 26 Oct 2012

Hi Andrew, Thanks very much, that worked fine

Return to “MultiCharts”