Real and Paper IB connections on MC.Net

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
DRCM

Real and Paper IB connections on MC.Net

Postby DRCM » 02 Oct 2012

Hello,

Looks like IB gives possibility again to run both Real and Paper accounts at the same time on same PC, but how to connect them to MC.Net? I set different API socket ports for both accounts in TWS settings, I created two separate profiles in MC, but in Quote Manager we can set only one socket port. So, MC won`t be able to see them both. Is there any way overall to sort this problem out?

Regards,

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Real and Paper IB connections on MC.Net

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 02 Oct 2012

Hello DRCM,

That is possible to start multiple TWS on the same PC and connect multiple IB broker profiles to them from MultiCharts. Follow this guide to do that.

That is not possible to have two IB data feeds. MultiCharts can be connected to only one TWS to get data.

DRCM

Postby DRCM » 02 Oct 2012

Ok, thanks. I see now.
Probably, it's better to run two separate MCs(standard and net in my case) to get separate data from both TWS. Do i still need to set different socket ports and clientIDs on both MultiCharts? E.g. MC ID-1, MC.Net ID-0?

Thanks,

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 02 Oct 2012

Do i still need to set different socket ports and clientIDs on both MultiCharts? E.g. MC ID-1, MC.Net ID-0?
Thanks,
Yes, you need to set different port numbers in TWS to differentiate between them. Corresponding ports should be selected in MultiCharts.
Master API client ID is a different thing applied to the broker profile only. The API client with the specified client ID will receive all orders, even those placed by other API clients. This differs from the Client ID of “0” which will receive all orders sent from the TWS GUI. Source: API settings in TWS

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”