Slow Backfilling  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
TO_Trader

Slow Backfilling

Postby TO_Trader » 15 Oct 2012

Hello,

I am using TS data and find that the backfilling of data can be painfully slow. Incidentally, it was the same when I used IB data. As an example, I have been waiting an hour for 6 charts to backfill, and they still aren't finished. These charts have an resolution between 60 and 90 minutes and are loading less than 2 years of data. Is this normal???

Loading these same charts in TS would take a couple minutes, at most. Is there any way to speed this up?

Thanks.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Slow Backfilling

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 15 Oct 2012

Hello TO_Trader,

Please open Download Scheduler window in TS. Do you see any pending requests there? Please make sure that all the requests are set to asap.

TS servers respond to the requests from TS itself much more faster than to the data requests from outside (i.e. MC). Moreover, TS requests all the data in one time and MC sends multiple requests for different time intervals due to compatibility reasons (as MC is compatible with more than 20 data feeds and each one has its own format). This results in data requests from MC "hanging" in TS Download Scheduler. To speed up the process you need to set these requests to "as soon as possible" manually.

Alternatively you can load all data you need in TS first and then plot the same chart in MultiCharts-the data should be plotted faster.

TO_Trader

Hi Henry,

Yes, all requests were pending and scheduled for "off hours". I followed your instructions and the problem is now solved. Thanks Henry.

TO_Trader

Henry,

Is there a way to then save the historic data so on subsequent re-openings of the charts in MC that it will be quicker. Even though your suggestion allowed the backfill to speed up, it is still taking 20 minutes to load 6 equity charts, which still seems very long to me.

Thanks.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Slow Backfilling  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 15 Oct 2012

You need to enable "Save data to database" in QuoteManager->Tools->Data sources->TS->Settings. The settings will come into effect after completely restarting MultiCharts and all of its processes.

Return to “MultiCharts”