Running, Stopping an indicator using a mouseclickevent

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arjfca

Running, Stopping an indicator using a mouseclickevent

Postby arjfca » 11 Oct 2012

Hello

By any chance, is there a way to have an indicator be run or stopped using only a mouse click.

That would be great. Actually, I need to right click, select indicator, select the appropriate one, set the status on / off.

Once in a while, I need to reset an indicator because this one is used in communication with Excel.

Martin

ABC

Re: Running, Stopping an indicator using a mouseclickevent

Postby ABC » 11 Oct 2012

Hello

By any chance, is there a way to have an indicator be run or stopped using only a mouse click.

That would be great. Actually, I need to right click, select indicator, select the appropriate one, set the status on / off.

Once in a while, I need to reset an indicator because this one is used in communication with Excel.

Martin
Martin,
I guess that this is possible using a mouse click event that triggers a recalculate command inside your code.
I haven't done that though, but I have triggered the calculation of an indicator based on clicks, so a recalculate should be possible, too.

Regards,
ABC

Katrin Yanenko

Postby Katrin Yanenko » 16 Oct 2012

Hi Martin,

You can make your script be recalculated by analyzing the location of a drawing on a chart.
Such keywords as #return http://www.multicharts.com/trading-soft ... php/Return and recalculate http://www.multicharts.com/trading-soft ... ecalculate can help you to achieve this task.
So if you make a condition with the drawing location and when you change it by dragging the drawing on a chart then the study will be recalculated.

Best Regards,
Katrin Yanenko

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Oct 2012

arjfca, I have sent you the fix for testing via email.

arjfca

Postby arjfca » 30 Oct 2012

arjfca, I have sent you the fix for testing via email.
Henry,
I did installed your newer version, but problem still there + create another dll problem.

I will sent info to your email

Martin

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 Nov 2012

In your code you are referencing historical values of the variables. When you click on historical bars (away from the recent data), MultiCharts recalculates the study trying to adjust the max bars back. This causes multiple output lines.
In order to avoid this issue you need to use the reserved words that are not limited by the MaxBarsBack setting:
Symbol_high
symbol_low

So in your code it should be:
vclickbarhigh=symbol_high[vbarsago];
vclickbarlow=symbol_low[vbarsago];

Return to “MultiCharts”