Hurricane Sandy & the MC overnight vertical lines for the ES  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

Hurricane Sandy & the MC overnight vertical lines for the ES

Postby bowlesj3 » 30 Oct 2012

I just brought MC up for the day for the E-Mini ES symbol. As most know the east cost US markets closed yesterday at 9:15 EDT because of the bad weather.. I am getting all the overnight vertical lines at 2 am now. Am I correct in assuming there is no way to fix this and that I have to wait until the new futures contract in December?

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Hurricane Sandy & the MC overnight vertical lines for th

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 30 Oct 2012

Hello John,

Please let us know your specific build of MultiCharts, used data source, chart type and resolution. We will check it on our end.
If possible, please attach a screenshot of the issue.

bowlesj3

Hi Andrew,

I think I found the real problem. I went back to the notebook and returned the Friday database. When I pulled up MC on the notebook the vertical line times are 1 am rather than 2 am. Under the assumption that 1 am is correct I have to assume the problem is being caused by Dimension 4 which is my atomic clock synchronization program. Dimension 4 makes an incorrect assumption about EDT time (Eastern Daylight Time) in my area of Canada and changes my computer clock on me. It did this over the weekend. Several years go our local Government decided to change the normal shifts back and forth between EST (eastern standard time) and EDT (Eastern daylight time). I researched this and it is fairly common for local Governments to do this. Unfortunately D4 does not know this and my version at least does not have the ability to compensate (maybe I should upgrade it for find another program that can do the proper offsetting for the local regulations). So for now at least what I do is I switch my computer to Atlantic time rather than Eastern Standard Time. Its not a perfect solution but it gets me by. So I think this is why the MC software things those lines should be 2 am rather than 1 am.

What I do not really understand is the times coming in on the time scale are correct. I have the Display time zone set to Local.

My version is 8.0 release (Build 5620). Release 7.4 does the same thing by the way which is why I had to return the files to the Friday Files on the notebook.

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Hurricane Sandy & the MC overnight vertical lines for th  [SOLVED]

If your Windows clock time matches your Windows time zone, there should not be any problem with incorrect time stamps on chart. If your OS is an old one or/and it has not been updated for a while, you may need to update it in order to have respective clock settings. I also recommend you to read this article.

bowlesj3

Thanks Andrew. I will read the article later today (getting eye drops soon and things will be a bit blurry for a few hours - LOL). I thought I saw a "solved" button on the forum before and I was going to try clicking it. I do not see it now. Do I click the "Accept this answer" button to create the solved marker?
Last edited by bowlesj3 on 30 Oct 2012, edited 2 times in total.

Andrew MultiCharts

Yes, you solved it.

Return to “MultiCharts”