Missing Data, help please.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
TO_Trader

Missing Data, help please.

Postby TO_Trader » 10 Nov 2012

I am use TS data as my datafeed and I have the identical workspaces open on two different computers. Each computer is running its own license of MC and TS data. The workspaces and other configurations are identical. I am running MC as administrator on both computers.

The problem I have is every few days I notice that the trades are different between the two computers. I realized that the reason for this is that, call it "computer #1", is missing an entire day of data. This only seems to happen to computer #1, while computer #2 is populating the historic data properly.

I did speak to Henry about this and his suggestion was to:

a) Check the TS download scheduler to make sure request for data were not in queue. There were not.
b) Reload all the charts in TS
c) Then reload all the charts in MC.

Even after doing all this, computer #1 is missing data for the Nov 7 trading session.

Now, I had this problem earlier in the week as well and Henry's suggestion fixed the problem, but it has happened again.

Does anyone have any idea why this could be happening? Why would it only be happening on the one computer, and not the other? This can cause a lot of problems as it is very difficult to detect when your data might be corrupt or inaccurate.

Thanks in advance.

TO_Trader

Re: Missing Data, help please.

Postby TO_Trader » 10 Nov 2012

One other clue about this... Of the 12 ETF symbols I am using this problem seems to happen only to about 4 of the symbols.

TJ

Re: Missing Data, help please.

Postby TJ » 10 Nov 2012

I am use TS data as my datafeed and I have the identical workspaces open on two different computers. Each computer is running its own license of MC and TS data. The workspaces and other configurations are identical. I am running MC as administrator on both computers.

The problem I have is every few days I notice that the trades are different between the two computers. I realized that the reason for this is that, call it "computer #1", is missing an entire day of data. This only seems to happen to computer #1, while computer #2 is populating the historic data properly.

I did speak to Henry about this and his suggestion was to:

a) Check the TS download scheduler to make sure request for data were not in queue. There were not.
b) Reload all the charts in TS
c) Then reload all the charts in MC.

Even after doing all this, computer #1 is missing data for the Nov 7 trading session.

Now, I had this problem earlier in the week as well and Henry's suggestion fixed the problem, but it has happened again.

Does anyone have any idea why this could be happening? Why would it only be happening on the one computer, and not the other? This can cause a lot of problems as it is very difficult to detect when your data might be corrupt or inaccurate.

Thanks in advance.
Thanks for the detailed description; it makes helping easier.

Are the two computers running the same local time?
Are the charts using the same time sessions? (ie. local time or exchange time?)

Please check the symbol's setup to make sure the session is correct.

Go to QuoteManager, highlight the symbol, then

Instrument > Edit Instrument > Sessions

Return to “MultiCharts”