Preferred Currency

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Zoli

Preferred Currency

Postby Zoli » 19 Nov 2012

Hi,

I have been testing the Preferred Currency setting, the closest match to my local currency rate would be the PLN but it does not work. Out of curiosity I tried them all and found couple more that need to be checked out as they are not working either, so here is a short list:

CZK, DKK, HUF, MXN, PLN.

Too early to say but from the look of it the less liquid ones are not working, so there is a chance it might be because of not getting a quote at the time of writing. If that is the case, maybe a good solution would be to record the last quote and use that one until the local session opens and provides a new quote.

Dave Masalov

Re: Preferred Currency

Postby Dave Masalov » 19 Nov 2012

Hello Zoli,

Currency feature is under development at the moment. As you mentionned, not all currencies work. The reason is that our data feed does not provide this data. We are not sure how this will be solved. Probably these symbols will be removed form the list.

Zoli

Postby Zoli » 21 Nov 2012

Hello Zoli,

Currency feature is under development at the moment. As you mentionned, not all currencies work. The reason is that our data feed does not provide this data. We are not sure how this will be solved. Probably these symbols will be removed form the list.
Hi Dave,

May I suggest adding an option to manually define a custom currency and it's exchange rate similar to the setting in Trading Performance Report? I suppose Preferred Currency is a great feature and the suggested option would make it even better if the list will become shorter.

I will give PLN as example.
It could be defined as a custom currency PLN and have sub-rates attached to it like
PLN/USD - 0.31 (if the PnL is in USD eg. EURUSD or US markets)
PLN/EUR - 0.243 (if the PnL is in EUR eg. GBPEUR)
PLN/JPY - 25.35 (if the PnL is in JPY eg. AUDJPY)

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 21 Nov 2012

Zoli,

Thank you for your suggestion. We will consider it for future implementation.

Return to “MultiCharts”