Display trades made directly with TWS

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Fabrice

Display trades made directly with TWS

Postby Fabrice » 27 Nov 2012

Can MC be configured to display on chart trades made directly with TWS ?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Display trades made directly with TWS

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Nov 2012

Hello Fabrice,

The trades made directly with TWS will appear on MultiCharts chart if the symbol mapping is setup properly for this instrument.

Fabrice

Even if the chart is a custom futures ?

I have just made a test on custom futures. MC displays the open position. But does not display entry and exit point on the chart. The Trade Performance Report does not mention the trade. The "Orders" tab of OPT does not mention it.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Nov 2012

Even if the chart is a custom futures ?
Yes, custom futures should be mapped to the instrument you are trading from TWS.
Please keep in mind that MultiCharts can display the information about filled orders (placed from TWS) only when MultiCharts is open. If MultiCharts is closed and you are trading from TWS then once you open MultiCharts you will be able to see the active orders and current positions, but not the orders that were filled while MC was closed.

Fabrice

From what I understand, if MC is running, everything should be displayed as if orders were sent from MC : entry/exit displayed on the chart, Trade Performance Report filled with the trade.

MC was open during the test I have made. I will have a check on 8.5 beta 1. If only the open position is displayed, I will let you know for debugging because, in this case, it does not seem to work as expected.

Return to “MultiCharts”