Symbol and res linking only within chart / wsp possible?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Tresor

Symbol and res linking only within chart / wsp possible?

Postby Tresor » 28 Nov 2012

Hi,

The instrument and symbol linking seems to link all charts accross the whole MC. Is it possible to activate linking only within a workspace / deactivate linking acrross multiple workspaces?

My problem is explained in the pictures. at the moment I can only have 14 workspaces (14 linking colours).
Attachments
Linking.jpg
(262.36 KiB) Downloaded 581 times

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Symbol and res linking only within chart / wsp possible?

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 29 Nov 2012

Hello Tresor,

At the moment you limited only in this number of colors and linking indeed works across all your workspaces. You are welcome to leave us such feature request: https://www.multicharts.com/pm

Maybe if you explain what is your final goal and what is the difficulty with linking to achieve it, i will be able to help you.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 29 Nov 2012

Hello Tresor,

Maybe if you explain what is your final goal and what is the difficulty with linking to achieve it, i will be able to help you.
What I want to achieve is ability to have both traded volume and tick volume in subcharts under an instrument (currently to do this I need to put two instances of the same symbol in the main chart, with different settings: traded volume and tick count).

Then when I change the resolution of the instrument with traded volume, I want the instrument with tick count to automatically change the resolution as well.

Andrew MultiCharts

1. Create new chart window with data series 1: symbol A, 1 minute resolution, Trade Volume.
2. Insert Volume indicator.
3. Insert additional instrument as data series 2: symbol A, 1 minute resolution, Tick Count.
4. Insert Volume indicator 2 (based on data series 2).
5. Link the instrument 1 with instrument 2 by resolution.
6. Go to settings of the instrument 2 (data series 2) and hide it.
7. Go to settings of Volume indicator 2 and make it to be plotted on the same subchart as Volume Indicator 1.
8. Change the resolution of the instrument 1 (data series 1) to 5 minutes.
Result: you will see that the resolution of the hidden instrument 2 (data series 2) is changed to 5 minutes too, so the Volume indicators recalculated respectively.

Tresor

5. Link the instrument 1 with instrument 2 by resolution.
This is the problem. When I link instrument 1 with instrument 2 with e.g. red then all other symbols in different workspaces that are link with red will also change the resolution. I want the linking to take effect only within one chart. I do not want the linking to go beyond one chart. Can this be achieved?

Okay, so what I basically need is to have a linking feature that links only locally (within one chart). In this case the numbers of colours (14) will suffice.

Andrew MultiCharts

Agree. Please leave us such feature request.

Tresor

Andrew, There +1000 feature requests in your pm. No way you can implement even 10% of them within your lifespan. Adding additional feature requests would be sadistic.

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 30 Nov 2012

We cannot implement every feature request we receive. If people vote for it, than it is considered for implementation.

Return to “MultiCharts”