adjust targets manually which are created by autotrader  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
evdl

adjust targets manually which are created by autotrader

Postby evdl » 01 Dec 2012

The situation I have in mind is the following.

I use autotrader with a strategy.

1) autotrader will automatically enter multiple positions (pyramide) and creates an initial individual stop or trailingstop and profit target per entry, according to the used strategy.
2) When the targets are placed in the chart. I like to be able to drag the targets to a new value when needed, just like the auto exit templates that are build in MC.
3) Then when dragged to a new value, the strategy would not use the initial targets anymore, but the new manual targets.

Because the auto exit templates only work for one position and not for pyramide trading with individual targets per entry, I can not use these.

Is it possible to code initial stoploss, trailingstop and profit target with easylanguage and be able to manually drag these to new values if needed. (With other words, I would like to code the way the exit templates work right now, but that it can be used with pyramide trading)

TJ

Re: adjust targets manually which are created by autotrader  [SOLVED]

Postby TJ » 01 Dec 2012

The situation I have in mind is the following.

I use autotrader with a strategy.

1) autotrader will automatically enter multiple positions (pyramide) and creates an initial individual stop or trailingstop and profit target per entry, according to the used strategy.
2) When the targets are placed in the chart. I like to be able to drag the targets to a new value when needed, just like the auto exit templates that are build in MC.
3) Then when dragged to a new value, the strategy would not use the initial targets anymore, but the new manual targets.

Because the auto exit templates only work for one position and not for pyramide trading with individual targets per entry, I can not use these.

Is it possible to code initial stoploss, trailingstop and profit target with easylanguage and be able to manually drag these to new values if needed. (With other words, I would like to code the way the exit templates work right now, but that it can be used with pyramide trading)
It is possible... but will take some work.

You can draw a trenline, then read the position of the trendline to manipulate your logic. When you move the trendline, so will your logic.

It will require a lot of reading and testing to obtain the knowledge to make it possible. The first step is to get yourself familiarized with the trendline keywords.
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-software/

Look down the middle of the page:
PowerLanguage Keyword Reference >
[+] MouseClickEvents‎ (6)
[+] Trendline Drawing‎ (41)

Return to “MultiCharts”