Problem reading function from DLL

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
SysInv

Problem reading function from DLL

Postby SysInv » 10 Dec 2012

I'm trying to access a DLL from Multicharts but get the problem that it can't find the function. I've tried creating a DEF file, and also using __declspec(dllexport) for newer compilers. MC finds the DLL but not the file.

Does PLKit.dll have to be imported, even if I only use a simple function? I'm getting problems compiling with it's references even though the proper .Net is installed.

TJ

Re: Problem reading function from DLL

Postby TJ » 10 Dec 2012

I'm trying to access a DLL from Multicharts but get the problem that it can't find the function. I've tried creating a DEF file, and also using __declspec(dllexport) for newer compilers. MC finds the DLL but not the file.

Does PLKit.dll have to be imported, even if I only use a simple function? I'm getting problems compiling with it's references even though the proper .Net is installed.
Your answer might be here:
[Advanced Topic] Programming DLL
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8498

SysInv

Thanks, I've read that post multiple time and searched the forum as well. It seems like the problem is a mangled function name so I need to sort that out first.

SysInv

It was a mangled name issue, so it's working properly now (for any other reading the thread, you don't need PLKit.dll unless you want to use MC specific references)

Return to “MultiCharts”