MC 8.5 Beta 1 Slow to Close

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
jdgw

MC 8.5 Beta 1 Slow to Close

Postby jdgw » 13 Dec 2012

Has anyone noticed that the program is slow to close >> 10 seconds or more? And, if you shut down Windows before the program closes, the dbase isn't saved and you get an error message next time you open MC. Anyone have any ideas?

sptrader

Re: MC 8.5 Beta 1 Slow to Close

Postby sptrader » 13 Dec 2012

Has anyone noticed that the program is slow to close >> 10 seconds or more? And, if you shut down Windows before the program closes, the dbase isn't saved and you get an error message next time you open MC. Anyone have any ideas?
Yes, I noticed that too. In ver 8.0 it would sometimes hangup during closing, now it just hesitates for about 10 seconds then continues, so it's much better but I don't understand the hesitation either..

Henry MultiСharts

Re: MC 8.5 Beta 1 Slow to Close

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Dec 2012

Hello jdgw,

The time it takes to close MultiCharts and all of its processes depends on the amount of bars, indicators, signals you were using. Once you close MultiCharts and its applications it starts to unload the data you have used and to save the cached data to the local database. The «speed» of this procedure is also dependent from your PC hardware.

You should not just shut down Windows before the program closes and finishes its processes.
If Windows forces shut down and ends processes then it is expected that your changes can be lost and the data would not be saved properly.
Yes, I noticed that too. In ver 8.0 it would sometimes hangup during closing, now it just hesitates for about 10 seconds then continues, so it's much better but I don't understand the hesitation either..
sptrader, have you noticed that during side-by-side comparison of the same environments used in different versions of MultiCharts ?
What do you mean by "just hesitates for about 10 seconds then continues"? Can you see in Process Explorer that while shutting down the amount of virtual memory (View->Select columns->Process memory->check "Virtual Size") used by the process is not reduced for 10 seconds?

Return to “MultiCharts”