Custom futures and Trading Report  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Fabrice

Custom futures and Trading Report

Postby Fabrice » 04 Dec 2012

Does the Trading Report of a Custom Futures include all the contracts ? For example, now I trade FCEZ2 (CAC40 DEC 12) and soon I will trade FCEF3 (CAC40 JAN 13). This is the same Custom Futures. Will the Manual Trading Report Performance in January include the trades of FCEZ2 ?
Thanks.

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Custom futures and Trading Report

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 04 Dec 2012

Hello Fabrice,

Yes, if the mentioned here requirements are met. The key point in this case is symbol mapping.

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 04 Dec 2012

Does the Trading Report of a Custom Futures include all the contracts ? For example, now I trade FCEZ2 (CAC40 DEC 12) and soon I will trade FCEF3 (CAC40 JAN 13). This is the same Custom Futures. Will the Manual Trading Report Performance in January include the trades of FCEZ2 ?
Thanks.
Hello again Fabrice,

I have deeply investigated the situation with custom futures and shown orders and i think i was wrong when i told you it would work if the mapping is correct. The thing is in symbol mapping there can be only 1 line with the same symbol in Chart Symbol column. It means that you will have to remap the plotted on the chart custom futures manually to expired contract (Broker Symbol column) in order to see the trades for that month on chart and then map it back to current contract in order to see current month trades and place new ones. So there will be 2 separate performance reports.

Fabrice

Postby Fabrice » 05 Dec 2012

Hello Andrew,
One of the goal of a Trading Report is to give statistics in a long span of time, ie 6 months, 1 year, 2 years etc. If it is limited to 1 contract, it is roughly limited to 1 month, which is really not enough to analyze manual trading activity.

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 14 Dec 2012

I will discuss possible solution for this situation with our developers and let you know if we can do anything for you.

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Custom futures and Trading Report  [SOLVED]

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 14 Dec 2012

Fabrice, we are going to implement a feature that would allow customers to select which symbols they would like to see in the report. That should be the solution for you. However there is no ETA of this feature yet.

Fabrice

Postby Fabrice » 14 Dec 2012

Hello Andrew,
This is a very good news. The Trading Performance Report is a powerful tool that deserves not to be limited to the timespan of only 1 contract, IMO.
Best regards,
F.

Return to “MultiCharts”