Disappearing Fibonacci Retracement Lines

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
skyluck2001

Disappearing Fibonacci Retracement Lines

Postby skyluck2001 » 17 Dec 2012

Greetings,

I use a continuous chart to carry forward all my drawings perpetually. However, I set my data range to 4 days in order to minimise memory usage.

I realised recently that my Fibonacci lines disappear 4 days after they were drawn. Under <Format Drawings>, the lines are still there, however, they just do not show up on the chart. The Fibonacci lines will only show if I expand the data range to include more days' worth of data.

Strangely, it only affects Fibonacci lines, all my Horizontal lines are not affected at all.

I have never encountered this phenomena when I was using version 7.x. I am currently using MultiCharts Version 8.0 Release (Build 5620). Please advise.

Thank you.

KL See

P.S. Just to add, I extend all my drawings both left and right.

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Disappearing Fibonacci Retracement Lines

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 18 Dec 2012

Hello skyluck2001,

Do i understand you correctly that you plot a chart with data range = 4 days and draw the Fibonacci Retracement tool on the chart, then adter 4 days of working the lines disappear from the chart?

skyluck2001

Postby skyluck2001 » 18 Dec 2012

Hi Andrew,

Yes, that's right. The Fibonanacci lines that were drawn more than 4 working days ago disappear. Only those drawn within the last 4 days remain. However, these lines will also disappear once the date they were drawn on falls out of the data range.

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 18 Dec 2012

Thank you for clarification. We will look into this and i'll let you know once we have any news.

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 19 Dec 2012

Most likely the problem is in the start and end points of the drawings those are not on the chart anymore. Please download and install latest MultiCharts 8.5 beta 1 and try to reproduce the issue, should not be the problem anymore.

Return to “MultiCharts”