Daily session mismatch in currencies

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
SysInv

Daily session mismatch in currencies

Postby SysInv » 06 Jan 2013

I'm trying to create some statistics of currency pairs based on daily data, but the sessions doesn't match making this difficult. I'm using MB and in the attached example I'm plotting AUD/USD against EUR/AUD. As you can see the daily bars kind of overlap each other, so the daily EUR/AUD session starts and stop in the middle of a AUD/USD session.

I've assigned the same template to both pairs, and marked with local time instead of exchange (when I had exchange was when I saw this problem first). I'm I wrong that with the local time chosen the daily session shall be 0:00 to 23:59 based on the computer time?

If I use hourly bars the data match, so it's properly received from the server but seems like the session mismatch happens in MC instead.

Any ideas?
Attachments
Session problem.png
(5.68 KiB) Downloaded 233 times

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Daily session mismatch in currencies

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 07 Jan 2013

Hello SysInv,

Please make several screenshots for me and attach them in your next post:
  1. Right-click on the chart -> Format Instruments... -> Select your instrument A -> Format -> Settings.
  2. Right-click on the chart -> Format Instruments... -> Select your instrument B -> Format -> Settings.
  3. In Quotemanager: right-click on the symbol A -> Edit Symbol... -> Sessions.
  4. In Quotemanager: right-click on the symbol B -> Edit Symbol... -> Sessions.

Return to “MultiCharts”