Backtesting results in dollars

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
designer01

Backtesting results in dollars

Postby designer01 » 26 Jan 2013

When I backtest Forex pairs like AUDJPY is giving me the performance reports in yen. How do I change the MC settings so I get the results in Dollars?
Thanks in advance

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Backtesting results in dollars

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 28 Jan 2013

Hello designer01,

You can show the performance report values using a different currency by changing the big point value in the QuoteManager (go to File->New->QuoteManager->make a right click on the symbol you need->Edit symbol->Settings tab->Set the big point value you need).
You can also set it in the report itself (View->Performance report->Settings->Display->Curency->Regional currency).

Please keep in mind that in the big point value field you can input only two digits after the decimal.

swz168

Postby swz168 » 29 Jan 2013

When I backtest Forex pairs like AUDJPY is giving me the performance reports in yen. How do I change the MC settings so I get the results in Dollars?
Thanks in advance
You should vote for allowing more than two digits in BPV: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-314

And vote for this: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-349
It's a pity that a great product like MC still doesn't support realistic multicurrency reports.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 01 Feb 2013

And vote for this: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-349
It's a pity that a great product like MC still doesn't support realistic multicurrency reports.
I just read the MultiCharts 8.5 Beta 2 thread, and saw that you Swz168 raised this topic one, two, three times. As far as I can tell, you didn't get a response on any of these, right?

That would be a pity, even more because requests about discretionary tools were gladly accepted in that thread. That makes me wonder if this feature will ever get implemented. Can we get an update on this? :)

swz168

Postby swz168 » 01 Feb 2013

I just read the MultiCharts 8.5 Beta 2 thread, and saw that you Swz168 raised this topic one, two, three times. As far as I can tell, you didn't get a response on any of these, right?

That would be a pity, even more because requests about discretionary tools were gladly accepted in that thread. That makes me wonder if this feature will ever get implemented. Can we get an update on this? :)
Unfortunately, I didn't get any reply. That is not typical for MC support, because normally I get a very fast response. I still have the hope that we'll be surprised with MC 9.0

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 01 Feb 2013

Hello all,

Full multicurrency support is planned to be implemented after we release a version with portfolio trading feature. It will be the next step. Most likely it will be done in MC 9.0 which is planned to be released in the first half of 2013.

swz168

Postby swz168 » 01 Feb 2013

Hello all,

Full multicurrency support is planned to be implemented after we release a version with portfolio trading feature. It will be the next step. Most likely it will be done in MC 9.0 which is planned to be released in the first half of 2013.
Thanks Dave, that is great news!

Return to “MultiCharts”