MC Crashes Continuously

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
iso

MC Crashes Continuously

Postby iso » 31 Jul 2006

MC keeps crashing every time I try to open one of my workspaces. I have spent the last day recreating my TS workspaces in MC. It says "Failed to launch server application" Then 2 of the 4 charts load and the other 2 are grayed out (blank) sometimes all charts are grayed out. I try to send an error report but that crashes also. I have rebuilt the workspace and it still occurs. I have reinstalled MC and it still occurs.

WILL THIS APPLICATION BECOME STABLE SOON? I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR OVER A YEAR NOW................................................

I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT THE STABILITY OF THE APPLICATION BE ADDRESSED BEFORE ANY OTHER ENHANCEMENTS..............................

You can add all the enhancements you can think of but if it is not reliable, it is worthless…..

MC has the potential to be a good piece of software if the basics are addressed first.

PLEASE ADVISE.................................

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 01 Aug 2006

Please contact us using Live Support chat and HelpDesk (http://tssupport.com/support/) so we can take a direct look at your problem

iso

Postby iso » 03 Aug 2006

Is there any news on this?

- Thanks

traderwep

Postby traderwep » 03 Aug 2006

i have a similar problem and it has existed as long as i have had multicharts. it keeps going bad, sometimes a few days, sometimes each day. i stopped using it and went to wave59. i would like multi to work. i have done the tech support thing and it got a new version installed but it stopped working after a short while as well. no problems in the past with esignal or TS or wave59 so that makes me think something is unstable in multicharts.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 03 Aug 2006

An issue causing MultiCharts to close down on opening certain workspaces has been recently identified and is being fixed.
The next build will include a fix for this, although I cannot be sure this is the exact problem you're having.

iso

Postby iso » 03 Aug 2006

Is there any timeframe for the release of the fix?

iso

CRASHING ON STARTUP AGAIN............

Postby iso » 09 Aug 2006

I updated to the new beta and MC worked for one day. Today I started MC and it continues to crash on startup......

It also seems that after it crashes a few of MC processes stay hung-up in windows and you have to "End Task" manually.

:cry:
Last edited by iso on 09 Aug 2006, edited 1 time in total.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 09 Aug 2006

Please contact us on LiveSupport chat so we could get a lokk at your issue.

traderwep

MC not releasing

Postby traderwep » 09 Aug 2006

yes, i get that all the time. MC does not end all the processes on closing. i have to turn off my computer to get it to completely shut down. that i think is part of the crashing problem.

SP

Postby SP » 09 Aug 2006

I reinstalled the newest beta 5 Minutes ago and after the program hangs i closed it with the Task Manager.

Now the file MCActiveX ->Log->MCACtiveX_Dump contains 549 files (38.2 MB) after using MC for 5 Minutes.

The reason i reinstalled was that the MCACtiveX_Dump before grows to over 50000 files with over 4.5 GB.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 09 Aug 2006

Hello SP -

Could you please contact us on Live Support chat or phone? We need to have a look at your problem using HelpDesk.

Postby Guest » 09 Aug 2006

I am sorry to hear some people with all these problems. My beta MC has been rock solid.
Thanks to the MC Team.

SP

Postby SP » 10 Aug 2006

Hi Alex,

i gone back with Norton Ghost to a previous stable backup before seeing your post, so i couldn't help you with the Log-Files.

The only thing i renember was that in spite of closing MC in the application window of the Task Manager the processes tsServer.exe, MCActive.exe and Studyserver.exe still remained open.

iso

Postby iso » 14 Aug 2006

Yes, this is still happening to me also. In Task Manager the processes tsServer.exe, MCActive.exe and Studyserver.exe are hung up after MC is closed down. They have to be killed manually or you have to reboot. If you try to close them manually, the next time you open MC, the program crashes.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Thanks,

- iso

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 15 Aug 2006

Please contact us on LiveSupport chat (go to http://tssupport.com/support/ for instructions), we'd like to collect log files from your system after these crashes happens for study.
You're doing right, if those processes hang on in the Task Manager, trying to restart MultiCharts will lead to a crash - hope with your logs we'll be able to resolve the issue.

traderwep

Is the crashing issue fixed yet?

Postby traderwep » 01 Sep 2006

i dont want to try multicharts again until the crashing issue has been fixed. it would be a waste of time and mess up my computer again.

has it been fixed yet?

thanks
wayne

widgetman

MC Beta 8/11/06 Build

Postby widgetman » 02 Sep 2006

Hi,
I suggest rolling back to the 8/11/06 Build. I have been testing a lot of different combinations with MC lately and found that the 8/110/6 build is by far the most stable. It even runs on my new Dual Core AMD 4200+ machine with no issues. Until the next stable beta comes out that is what I am sticking to.

traderwep

where can i locate the 8/11 stable build?

Postby traderwep » 02 Sep 2006

hi thanks for the advice. do you know where one can download that build?

thanks

wayne

widgetman

Re: where can i locate the 8/11 stable build?

Postby widgetman » 03 Sep 2006

hi thanks for the advice. do you know where one can download that build?

thanks

wayne
Hi Wayne
If you email me at widgetman@earthlink.net I will send you the beta version from 8/11 if that is ok with MC Support. It is too big to post

Return to “MultiCharts”