IEasyLanguageObject C++ question

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
simon007

IEasyLanguageObject C++ question

Postby simon007 » 03 Feb 2013

Hi @,

I want to convert the array that is contained in the IEasylanguage property Close MD to a vector containing the last 50 values.

Right now I use this;

Code: Select all

vector<double> sig;

for (int i = 0; i < 50; i++)
{
sig.push_back(pELObj->CloseMD[data1]->AsDouble[ i ]);
}
Is there a better way of doing this without iterating through the data and copying it on every bar?

Thanks,

Simon

TJ

Re: IEasyLanguageObject C++ question

Postby TJ » 04 Feb 2013

Hi @,
I want to convert the array that is contained in the IEasylanguage property Close MD to a vector containing the last 50 values.
Right now I use this;

vector<double> sig;
for (int i = 0; i < 50; i++)
{
sig.push_back(pELObj->CloseMD[data1]->AsDouble[ i ]);
}
Is there a better way of doing this without iterating through the data and copying it on every bar?
Thanks,
Simon
Maybe add a ring buffer?

simon007

Postby simon007 » 04 Feb 2013

Hi TJ,

Somebody else gave me that tip too

This is what I acme up with.

static vector<double> sig;

sig.push_back(pELObj->CloseMD[data1]->AsDouble[0]);
sig.reserve(50);

Thanks,

Simon

faschim

Postby faschim » 05 Feb 2013

Would a dll with this code be threadsafe? I know a dll is only mapped once into the process space. Does making the vector sig a static variable give each process using the dll its own copy of sig?

simon007

Postby simon007 » 05 Feb 2013

Would a dll with this code be threadsafe? I know a dll is only mapped once into the process space. Does making the vector sig a static variable give each process using the dll its own copy of sig?
That's a good question...

In another dll I use I created an array of a specific object and I use a number in the easylanguage function to indentify which object in the array belongs to which multicharts window. It's a bit crude, but it works.

I read somewhere that you are suppose to use a singleton or a LIFO(last in first out) stack, but that's for advanced C++ programmers which I'm not :-(

faschim

Postby faschim » 05 Feb 2013

In another dll I use I created an array of a specific object and I use a number in the easylanguage function to indentify which object in the array belongs to which multicharts window. It's a bit crude, but it works.
This is in fact the same thing I do. It is indeed crude. Would be nice to have a simpler cleaner methodology. Perhaps someone from Multicharts support could chime in here. If I am not mistaken all studies are compiled into dll's. So obviously they know how to do it and be threadsafe.

Return to “MultiCharts”