Win8 -- Can't compile programs

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
familytrading

Win8 -- Can't compile programs

Postby familytrading » 05 Feb 2013

I am in the process of setting up a new computer and have done this a number of times. This is the first time with Windows 8. I have MC 8.0 working with Windows 8 with no issues on the chart side and data side.

I then imported a number of studies and indicators that I have been using in both TS and MC since 2007. It seems none of my custom stuff seems to want to compile.

This is the error code that is generated on each of my programs. The windows 8 is 64 bits and your application is the 64 bit version

Compile error
errLine 0, errColumn 0, errLineEnd 0, errColumnEnd 0
causal study: (Function)

Just to show you even on a simple indicator that calculates your Profit and loss of your positions in an histogram, the code is shown below. It will not compile.

Is their a known issue with W8 or did I do something really stupid.

Here is the code that I am trying to compile. It is a cool program that plots either a red or green histogram dependent upon your profit position.

variables:
net ( 0 ) ;

net= I_OpenEquity - I_closedEquity;

if net > 0
then setplotcolor(1, green);
if net < 0
then setplotcolor(1, red );

Plot1( net , " Trade Net" ) ;
plot2( 0 , " Zero" ) ;

Good luck with this one????

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Win8 -- Can't compile programs

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 06 Feb 2013

Hello familytrading,

Please follow this step by step guide to resolve the compilation issue on your PC.

If this solution didn't help and you still have the issue-please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 4 pm EST. We will do our best to help you.

Return to “MultiCharts”