MC, Price, updates and IB data.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
llwill

MC, Price, updates and IB data.

Postby llwill » 04 Aug 2006

Right now I am on the end of my 30 day TS trial, and not inpressed with there data or pricing scheme. Looking around I found this program MC that claims will have back testing and Optomization in a few months and will run all the TS EL software.

I did a live chat and asked if I purchase MC now how long can I get updates.
"I was told up to the Gold Release" So my question is If I can get all updates up to the Gold release then ..

1. I will effectivly have a Gold Release version for the $399 price, and not have to pay the $1000 price? Correct?

2. After that will I still be entitled to any future updates or bug fixes?

I plan to use MC with IB data and trade through IB which is cheaper for a Trade than TS, as TS charges to use the program, also charges for the RT data feed.
Is this feasable at this time?

I will download the 30 trial of MC today.

thank you.

Stanley Miller

Re: MC, Price, updates and IB data.

Postby Stanley Miller » 05 Aug 2006

1. I will effectivly have a Gold Release version for the $399 price, and not have to pay the $1000 price? Correct?
That is correct.
2. After that will I still be entitled to any future updates or bug fixes?
Yes, you'll receive all fixes and minor updates for free.
I plan to use MC with IB data and trade through IB which is cheaper for a Trade than TS, as TS charges to use the program, also charges for the RT data feed. Is this feasable at this time?
Yes, MultiCharts supports IB datasource.

Postby Guest » 06 Aug 2006

What !!!!

From the website, it did not state that paying 399 for multicharts now only entitles us to updates up till Gold Release.

As far as it is specified on the website. it is a permanent license

I expect Multicharts to honour it as a permanent license i.e people who have paid 399 for it now do not have to pay anything for all future versions.

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 06 Aug 2006

Here is the text from the web site: "The best way to be in touch with the latest events and make sure you don't miss the gold release is buying MultiCharts right now and save your money in the nearest future, upgrading to the much more expensive full-featured platform for free."

This means that you'll receive all future updates including Gold Release for free. So I don't quite understand your idea, please explain in further details.

R2D2

Postby R2D2 » 06 Aug 2006

sorry for jumping in :wink:

i think the guy doesnt know what you mean with this sentence :

"Yes, you'll receive all fixes and minor updates for free"

"MINOR" is here the point of interest i guess ... with permanent license the impression the people get is the following:

i buy a registered copy of MC and NEVER EVER will have to pay ANY cent for it agian including EVERY update untill minimum year 2525 . . .

Postby Guest » 07 Aug 2006

I too, had the impression that paying 399 for Multicharts now means we are entitled to all futures releases and updates without having to paying anything for them :(

Here is the text from the web site: "The best way to be in touch with the latest events and make sure you don't miss the gold release is buying MultiCharts right now and save your money in the nearest future, upgrading to the much more expensive full-featured platform for free."

This means that you'll receive all future updates including Gold Release for free. So I don't quite understand your idea, please explain in further details.
Based on the statement you quoted, it is not clear you mean that after paying 399 for permanent license now, we have to pay for releases that come after Gold Release.

In that case, this license that costs 399 should not have been called permanent license.

We bought the permanent license, because it is our understanding that permanent implies it is a one time fee for all future versions of multicharts including Gold Release and Beyond.

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 07 Aug 2006

Formally you are right, all your upgrades will be free. All I wanted to point out is that we don’t presently know what will we be doing after the gold release – expand functionality further or just support the existing functionality. Maybe our next goal will be creating our own data source for MultiCharts as we did for MCFX. As you understand, we cannot promise that it will be free for all current users just as now add-on studies are not free.

fs

Postby fs » 07 Aug 2006

What !!!!

From the website, it did not state that paying 399 for multicharts now only entitles us to updates up till Gold Release.

As far as it is specified on the website. it is a permanent license

I expect Multicharts to honour it as a permanent license i.e people who have paid 399 for it now do not have to pay anything for all future versions.
This is like saying once you got the permament license for TS 2000i, you are entitled to use TS 8 for free.

Your lisence is permament in the sense that you are entitled to all new patches and upgrades to the Gold version. After that, you will probably need to pay for the new versions, but your license for your current version will still be valid and permament.

I have never seen any products where all future upgrades are free once you bought a product. Upgrades are always available for a reduced price, but not free.

- Fanus

Multicharts should avoid any ambiguity by specifying
"permanent license for Gold Release" instead of just "permanent license"
Most softwares are clear about that.

Licenece fees

Postby guest » 09 Aug 2006

Funny how traders are afraid of paying 399$ for something they claim will make them lots of money a month !

Return to “MultiCharts”