Update Question

Read before posting.
Nevik

Update Question

Postby Nevik » 01 Mar 2013

Is it possible to update Multicharts to the latest version from inside the program?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Update Question

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 Mar 2013

Hello Nevik,

If a newer release version has been issued before you started MultiCharts then you will have a popup alert that a new release version is available for download. You can also go to Help tab to "Check for updates" to get more details on the version and get the download link for 32 bit version. For 64 bit version link please go to our download page.
If you were running MultiCharts when a newer version became available-you will receive the info if you restart MultiCharts (and wait until tsserver.exe process ends in Task Manager).
In order to update MultiCharts to a newer version you need to download a new installer and start it. It will update your current MultiCharts to the version you have downloaded. There is no need in deleting your current version. All user data will remain unchanged.

Please follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and our Traders’ Blog to get the latest updates and beta announcements.

Nevik

Re: Update Question

Postby Nevik » 01 Mar 2013

Henry,

Thank-you for the quick reply. I am using the 64 bit version of Multicharts and I inadvertently downloaded the 32 bit version. I didn't realize it was the 32 bit until installation was complete.
After I realized what had happened I uninstalled the 32 bit, and got the 64 bit version from the download page on the website. I will be more careful next time when I receive the notification that a newer version is available.

Have a good weekend,
Kevin

Return to “MultiCharts FAQ”