Audio Alert

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

Audio Alert

Postby Guest » 14 Aug 2006

I've created a custom sound to use for my Audio Alert. I find the file ok, and it tests perfectly. However, when the alert is generated in real time, it plays the default sound, not the new custom sound. Any ideas as to what is going on?

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 14 Aug 2006

Dear Sir,

Please go to the Alerts tab of the Format Study window and make sure that your custom settings has been saved. Please check Use as Default if you are going to use the new sound for all your studies.

Postby Guest » 14 Aug 2006

CHecked to make sure it was saved and it was. Still not getting the correct sound.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 15 Aug 2006

Also, make sure you've saved the workspace after selecting another .wav file;
if you changed the alert sound, then exited the workspace without saving and loaded it again, the default sound will be active.

Postby Guest » 16 Aug 2006

Still not working. Funny thing is that it works for one time frame and not the next. Any other ideas as to why it won't work?

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 17 Aug 2006

Please send the workspace and the .wav file by email to akramer@tssupport.com and tell on which resolution it works and on which does not. Need to try this out.

Postby Guest » 17 Aug 2006

I just emailed you the sound files and work space.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 18 Aug 2006

Ok, thanks, I will try those out and email the findings as well as post here for the others' information.

Return to “MultiCharts”